Search the forum,

Discuss Wooden Floor height in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sully

With piped( wet heat) or Electric UFH.....This allows the full functions of the uncoupling part of ditra...

So we are not talking about new screed solutions here (as Schluter advise the opposite i.e ditra, slc and then mats) - are you referring to say old screeds which have settled with fractures?

S

Sully

Thanks Sully how thick is the marmox board? and is it cemented down in any way or just screwed like ply 150m/m centres.

I'd suggest 10mm (as the 6mm won't help with stabalising the floor). I'd fix it with a combo of addy and screwfixings - bolt and braces which reduce risks. I use aquapanel type washers to secure the marmox. Don't forget to secure the boards to the joists first.

D

DHTiling

So we are not talking about new screed solutions here (as Schluter advise the opposite i.e ditra, slc and then mats) - are you referring to say old screeds which have settled with fractures?

Obvioulsy on a new screed then you need Ditra to work in another way as well......"vapour equalisation" then YES!! you would put electric ufh on top....but wet heat is in the screed .....

Incidently whilst on the subject of ditra and new screeds....what adhesive do you use for sticking the Ditra down on new screeds..?..

This will help newcomers to ditra as well...

D

DHTiling

YES doug......needs to be a slow setting highly flexible adhesive.....this will accomodate moisture from the new screed better than rapid setting ones....and cope with screed/concrete shrinkage...

S

Sully

Incidently whilst on the subject of ditra and new screeds....what adhesive do you use for sticking the Ditra down on new screeds..?..

This will help newcomers to ditra as well...[/quote]

Mapei Keraquick - and don't prime the new screed.

B

Brad

hi sully....

i don't understand your comment about not using ditra as a way to overcome lateral movement in a wooden floor.........from what i have read about the product that is one of the reasons for the manufacture and use of the product......please explain

B

Brad

hi dave

just wondering about your question as to why bathroomboy is using ditra on a wooden floor.....is it not advisable to use ditra as a remedy for any lateral movement that may occur?

D

DHTiling

hi dave

just wondering about your question as to why bathroomboy is using ditra on a wooden floor.....is it not advisable to use ditra as a remedy for any lateral movement that may occur?

I asked cause it is not always needed if using ceramics/porcelain tiles....i tend to just use it if using travertine etc etc....as they crack a lot easier than ceramics..

If a fixer thinks that he MIGHT have a lateral expansion issue with a floor, then yes use an uncoupling membrane..imo..

Reply to Wooden Floor height in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen