Discuss Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WetSaw

So Paul, how is it your Italian is so good?

I spent 16 years traveling to Italy for 7 - 10 days every 4 - 6 weeks buying motorbikes. A lot of the time I'd be driving around all day with my friend Franco who doesn't speak English so I had to learn. You also do much better if you can understand what's going on and I certainly had a much more profitable time once I knew when I was being shafted!!
I've forgotten most of it now not having used Italian for more than 10 years and having lived here for 8 years. My Spanish, according to my Spanish friends, has a strange Italian twang to it!

O

Old Mod

Haha kool!
Sounds like you've had an interesting past mate, fair play!
happy-thumb-up-045.gif

W

WetSaw

When I first started going it was absolutely brilliant. I was buying '70s - '80s Jap bikes and shipping them back to Japan. I'd been doing it from the UK for a few years but the quality, availability and cost was making it hard. The first time I went to Italy I rode down on my CBR1000 with a tent on the back. Rode around, found some dealers who had the sort of stuff I wanted and told them I'd be back. A month later, drove down with a big trailer behind my Transit and, much to the dealers surprise, bought the old bikes they thought they'd never sell!!
I ended up with a small network of dealers who would collect stuff for me and take it to a warehouse I rented space in. I'd then drive down, with some old Brit bikes to sell, load a container with bikes, buy a few to fill the van then head home.
Good times!
The Euro cocked things up, loads of people jumping on the bandwagon and dealing with a dwindling supply finished it off for me.

Q

Qwerty

Morning all.

I had a similar motorcycle business venture a few years ago. I had a Honda VTR1000 SP2 and needed a part which I ended up sourcing from the USA. I then sold the knackered part over here for a small fortune. I then spent a couple of years buying broken RC51 and RC52 parts from over the pond and selling them in Europe and Asia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks