Search the forum,

Discuss Which Mapei (None rapid) for porcelain ? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LJD

Did the floor today with Rapid mapei . Found it was going off too quickly .Tiles cut and laid Dry etc first to make sure all good. Just found the mapei Rapid had gone off in the bucket within 15 mins . When it comes to doing the walls I would like a longer "pot life" so i can at least do 10 tiles etc before it all goes to dry

cheers

L

LJD

Thats a rapid ? ! And I was using the grey today. Mixed correctly . Porc onto Ditra . Just found it felt too dry too quickly . I can leave it for 10 hours to dry . so no rush .

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have a look at Adesilex P9. (Standard set)

Going back to keraquick I have found it usually good for 30 to 40 minutes working time.

L

LJD

The "Rapid " I used , says 3 hours . The Keraquick is the same ? !
Have a look at Adesilex P9. (Standard set)

Going back to keraquick I have found it usually good for 30 to 40 minutes working time.

Cheers

M

mr white

I've got my 3 bags of super flexible adhesive (C2TE S1) from B&q (Wickes sell it also under another name) it's the same as Keraflex maxi S1, I've done some reading and lots of people recommend this brand as it has gives you more time to work with it. Stuff is expensive tho.....

Reply to Which Mapei (None rapid) for porcelain ? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen