Search the forum,

Discuss Which former tray to buy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattym

I'm looking at doing a partial wet area for the shower in the new bathroom. It's a timber floor, but unfortunately i'm unable to site the waste within the joists. I could build a platform for an impey or tuffdec, but I did come across these and wondered if anyone had any experience with them?

Abacus Direct Elements Concept Raised Shower Tray 120/130mm
Abacus Direct Elements Concept Raised Shower Tray 145/155mm

Can they mount straight on the floorboards or should I cross overboard with 6mm ply?

Cheers,

Matt

D

DHTiling

Marmox Showerstone trays, sit straight on the joists.. Check out the PHG wetrooms sponsor on your left.

B

Barry bp

I have used this raised shower tray image96 on my website is one this was on a concrete floor in a flat I would stick and screw 6mm backerboard then stck concept tray:thumbsup:

M

mattym

How did the install go Barry? did you install the 120mm+ version where the waste is above floor level? did it feel sturdy enough to take the tiles and weight?

Cheers

S

Stewart

I use the Marmox overlay and showerstone trays and never had a problem with either.

B

Barry bp

We fitted 120 because we could not get onto soilstack any lower but customer wanted wetfloor look it was pretty easy and yes it is strong Abacus used to distribute Lux Element trays which we used im told Abacus have copied the Lux range so im sure it is more or less the same.

M

mattym

We fitted 120 because we could not get onto soilstack any lower but customer wanted wetfloor look it was pretty easy and yes it is strong Abacus used to distribute Lux Element trays which we used im told Abacus have copied the Lux range so im sure it is more or less the same.

Thats exactly my problem - i'd like to have the tray at floor level but i've either got numerous joists to go through, or RSJ then straight in to the kitchen! I'm thinking raised and tiled would be a good compromise.

Where did you get the tray from? any good discount places?

B

Barry bp

I live in Bournemouth and got the Concept tray through a company called Bathroom Elegance I cant help you any more than that on where to get:thumbsup:

M

mattym

Quite a few people saying Marmox. How do people go about fitting them when the waste is unable to go in to the floor? Do people just build a standard raised plywood floor?

Reply to Which former tray to buy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen