Search the forum,

Discuss where to start my tile job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bez227

i am just about to start tiling in my bathroom just round the bath
the measurement s are 162cm lengnth of the bath and 75cm top and botton of the bath
i have put a batton up 1 tile height up from the bath all the way round
the tile size is 25cm by 20 cm i am wanting to tile in the brick affect and was wondering where to place my first tile and do i do 1 wall at a time or go all round then up to the next tile height

thanks

C

charlie1

Hi bez

Be sure your bath is perfectly level if you are going to start 1 tile up, if its not then you will run in to problems. I would work by row rather than by wall as you will be using the cut tiles from each row to flow round on to the next wall if doing brick bond, hope this makes sense!

Good luck

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
baths are rarely level imo, so starting with a full tile might end up leaving a gap on your bath , centre bath wall then check how cuts fall either side of bath ,if your tiling to ceiling centre from ceiling to bath as well ,that way you will get same cut to ceiling as to the bath , as long as its not to small , i would put a datum line around bath and work from that , hopes this makes sense to you

good luck

B

bez227

hi the bath is slightly out i am tiling from bath to cieling so will get the centre line from the ceiling not sure what you mean about datum line though, once i get my centre line do i place my first tile level with the centre line or the middle of the tile on the centre line if you know what i mean , also i have not tiled brick bond before i have tiled before in kitchens but never in the bathroom for my first attempt would it just be easyier for me to just tile normally if i do it will be easy on 2 wals as its just 3 tiles across on the long wall it will be 6 tiles then a cut is it better having the cut in 1 corner or again starting from the middle a sharing the cut between 2 corners
thanks in advance

I

Ian

A couple of key things when tiling brick bond are; ensure walls are pan flat, to avoid any lips and when setting out you essentially are setting out 2 rows (aswell as your heights). I personally don't think brickbond is any harder to tile, just spend time prepping and setting out to ensure all goes smoothly. Also, not all walls have to be centred, set it out in a way that looks best avoiding thin cuts and where you go round the corner try to give it the effect of a whole tile ie; half and half or quarter and 3 quarter.

Reply to where to start my tile job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen