Search the forum,

Discuss When working in brick bond ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SJPurdy

you could have put the border so that it was 1/4 bond, so that the tiles above and below are like brick work but the border jonts lie halfway between the two. When faced with a problem like this i lay the tiles out on a flat surface and see which way looks best.

C

charlie1

The field tiles are the brick bond, the dado border is secondary and should not interrupt the main feature so i would not brick the dado. I would have the discussion with client though to talk sense in to them if need be

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
The field tiles are the brick bond, the dado border is secondary and should not interrupt the main feature so i would not brick the dado. I would have the discussion with client though to talk sense in to them if need be

That's the thing though, personal choice, what might be 'right' for you might not for them, they why I said horses for courses.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
show customer the options and let them decide.cant get it wrong then.....................i think :rolleyes5:

C

charlie1

brick the tiles not the border unless the border is as big as the tiles

agree, this is one of the reasons i like to get involved with a job at the design stages. Customers can sometimes come up with the silliest ideas, eg, horizontal border in kitchen with mesh mosaics on dodgy walls right at the same height as 5 sockets

J

Jeff the tiler

No body has asked the question of what size are the dado tiles i am pretty sure they will not be 150 wide????

Reply to When working in brick bond ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen