Search the forum,

Discuss What Would You Want From A Tile Fixer's Association? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MTiler

Garys article in the lastest Tile & Stone Journal was very interesting but the reply from TTA was a joke and didnt answer his points. Didnt exactly encourage me to join TTA and Ive been thinking about it for some time.
The system in the US sounds good ie. TCNA book etc.

S

SJPurdy

Access to standard written forms would help many who are good at the practical tiling side of things but lack confidence in documentation. eg. standard terms of business, terms of payment, clauses that should be included in quotations etc.

A way of registering work completed that would record eg materials used, methods used etc. that could be part of some type of guarantee for the work (customer payment premium). If you want double glazing fitted now it has to be by a member of FENSA so that you have some form of guarantee - so maybe something similar to this. I think similar things apply to tiling in other countries.

It would have to be meaningful to the customers of members. Members must be vetted for their ability to do just general tiling work, plus design and fitting wet-rooms, plus under tile heating etc. or whatever they will be claiming they can do as members. Members must be seen as more than someone just paying to be a member (there are too many of those associations already).

B

bcd-87

Access to standard written forms would help many who are good at the practical tiling side of things but lack confidence in documentation. eg. standard terms of business, terms of payment, clauses that should be included in quotations etc.

A way of registering work completed that would record eg materials used, methods used etc. that could be part of some type of guarantee for the work (customer payment premium). If you want double glazing fitted now it has to be by a member of FENSA so that you have some form of guarantee - so maybe something similar to this. I think similar things apply to tiling in other countries.

It would have to be meaningful to the customers of members. Members must be vetted for their ability to do just general tiling work, plus design and fitting wet-rooms, plus under tile heating etc. or whatever they will be claiming they can do as members. Members must be seen as more than someone just paying to be a member (there are too many of those associations already).

Very good answer

I

Italy

is off topic?
I, in Italy I would like a database in real time, where to put all those who do not pay within 30 days of the work.
so as not to no work to perform to these gentlemen.
if the work is not performed to perfection, pay first then dispute before the judge.
all in 30 days.
not 30 years ....
for example in Austria, if not paid within 30 days, you do not buy no more in austria.
Italian economy apportioned in six months, it's only money that begin to spin

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

a standard set for all to work towards stating with apprentice then inprover then tiler then tiler foreman then master tiler a tiler without aim will never hit the target .

Reply to What Would You Want From A Tile Fixer's Association? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen