Search the forum,

Discuss Weber set plus suitable with underfloor heating or not? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I see your point sorry, I use Weber on almost all my jobs so because I've used it on uhf jobs just took it for granted it was incoparated within that data on the back of the bag still

J

J Sid

I have used it for 10 years or so, and has always said on the bag what it can be used for. They changed the bags and removed the specs, so I changed adhesive manufacturer.

Reaction score
I love the stuff & It's the right price , so as a point I will download their data sheet just to cover myself should the worse happen but thanks for the heads up:)

Reaction score
Apologies that there seems to have been some confusion regarding this, hopefully I can clarify things.

Previously, the packaging for weberset plus stated that it was suitable for use with underfloor heating. On the back of the bag and on the datasheet it clarified that this was only the case if mixed with weber AD250. This essentially gave a C2T adhesive S2 properties.

We wanted to make things a bit clearer as we felt that it may not have been clear that this product was only suitable over UFH when using an additive. To do this, we decided to remove mention of underfloor heating from the bag.

If you wished to, using weberset plus, mixed with weber AD250, over underfloor heating is still perfectly possible.

As per BS 3585-3 we would always recommend an adhesive with a minimum C1S1 classification is used for underfloor heating. If you were looking for a solution that was not “bag and bottle” we would suggest considering an adhesive such as weberset rapid SPF, weberset SPF or weberset pro lite rapid.

In terms of datasheets, our website contains the latest version, which can be found in the Download Centre or the Product Documentation section for each product.

Apologies again for the confusion and we hope that this clears things up.

Please don’t hesitate to get in contact if you would like to discuss this further or have any other concerns.

H

hmtiling

Apologies that there seems to have been some confusion regarding this, hopefully I can clarify things.

Previously, the packaging for weberset plus stated that it was suitable for use with underfloor heating. On the back of the bag and on the datasheet it clarified that this was only the case if mixed with weber AD250. This essentially gave a C2T adhesive S2 properties.

We wanted to make things a bit clearer as we felt that it may not have been clear that this product was only suitable over UFH when using an additive. To do this, we decided to remove mention of underfloor heating from the bag.

If you wished to, using weberset plus, mixed with weber AD250, over underfloor heating is still perfectly possible.

As per BS 3585-3 we would always recommend an adhesive with a minimum C1S1 classification is used for underfloor heating. If you were looking for a solution that was not “bag and bottle” we would suggest considering an adhesive such as weberset rapid SPF, weberset SPF or weberset pro lite rapid.

In terms of datasheets, our website contains the latest version, which can be found in the Download Centre or the Product Documentation section for each product.

Apologies again for the confusion and we hope that this clears things up.

Please don’t hesitate to get in contact if you would like to discuss this further or have any other concerns.
I have to say I find that misleading and imagine it was removed down to a claim against weber. Glad I never used it with ufh

J

J Sid

yes Harry, I have to agree.
I've used it for years and never seen anywhere it needs an addmix for ufh.
the staff at my local CTD where never aware of this and have not given this info out.
and just checking the website of weber it isn't clear still

wp_ss_20190213_0001.png
I have not had any failures (so far) and will never be using weber again.
as you say Harry, maybe had some problems, we will never know. But I find there behaviour to be under hand to say the least.

Reply to Weber set plus suitable with underfloor heating or not? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen