Search the forum,

Discuss We need your comments. Is this a good or bad idea for a commercial website? Comments in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Hi to all readers of this forum both professional tilers and clients, regular members and those of you who are just browsing.

I need some comments about what you think of this marketing tool.

On our main website landing page we have just installed a presenter.

In your opinion do you think she adds any value or is do you think this sort of thing is just a gimmick.

Dont worry if you are nothing to do with tiling. Even if you are just here to surf in and have a look at the tile forum your opinion counts.

One thing I have done is make her silent until activation. She will load into the browser but you have to physically press her to get her started.

In my own browsing experience I found them annoying on repeat visits. So the producers coded her with an active customer start.

If you want to see her in full effect then go to the landing page at Drilling porcelain tiles with diamond tile drill bit granite holesaws and press her. But to make things easy for this forum I have put up the YouTube version.

It takes quite a bit of client-side code to make it work on a website hence the less than perfect black background here.

Thanks for any input (good or bad or neutral) that you might want to put. If it goes well I might add more presenters to the site in different areas. If its bad then I will just keep her on the landing page.

Over to you folks.....

[yt]LCdWUAWEnQM[/yt]

She chats for 1min 48 sec so I hope its not too boring (no pun)

Want to see her on the main wesbite ?

Check out 365drills.com

D

DHTiling

Re: We need your comments. Is this a good or bad idea for a commercial website? Comm

I just checked her intro on the main site...

I think it comes across well and nicely explained and presented..:thumbsup:

R

Rich

Re: We need your comments. Is this a good or bad idea for a commercial website? Comm

:iagree:
I liked her voice... I think she did what she was meant to do.

D

diamondtiling

Very good Richard, nice concise and clear, just as it should be.
No boring introductions, straight into the product and well put across.

:thumbsup:

Reaction score

In my opinion i don't think women is good for advertisement like this :)
She looks like reading text :D, black background is really boring to watch too,
need some action in advertisement so people would be interested to watch till the end,
its just my opinion sorry :)

D

DHTiling

In my opinion i don't think women is good for advertisement like this :)
She looks like reading text :D, black background is really boring to watch too,
need some action in advertisement so people would be interested to watch till the end,
its just my opinion sorry :)

So you were not watching the product...:lol:...

D

Deleted member 1779

Cheers for the comments thus far. Its difficult trying to keep things easy and quick and so less than 2 mins was the target.

Hopefully she makes it clear to first time visitors what we do. And I also hope that having the passive "click to active" style doesn't annoy our repeat visitors.

A

aqua blue

Good ad, but figure should be closer. A close up 3 second pack shot at the end would also be an improvement. ex ad man.

A

Aston

hi rich, best of luck with this...

i am trying to decide on this because i dont know who your target market is so i cant decide whether its the right approach...if you target market is the home improvement people, diyer's, and builders and plumbers who need an inexpensive solution then its fine. as above clear, to the point , well presented etc....

if you are aiming at the professional end of the market, to take a share off the high end marques then i personally like the way dewalt do there videos...in situ examples with a dynamic backing track which absorbs you a bit AND you can see the benefits in action....like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P08dFGqNF2A]YouTube - DeWalt DW087K Self-Levelling Line Laser[/ame]

i hope i have come across constructive :0)
all the best with it
ed

Reply to We need your comments. Is this a good or bad idea for a commercial website? Comments in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen