Search the forum,

Discuss walked off job... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Abstract tiling

been a strange week, been finishing a restaraunt im on with at the min done all the wall tiling and levelled the floor. been paid in dribs and drabs?? now ive done a good bit of work for this guy , but now he is not answering my calls. so downed tools tuesday and said no more till full payment on the walls. so no answer of the phone so i go sit outside another large job he has on for last 2 days no sign of him at all. so i know where he drinks every friday .2mz i am going to just bob in for a pint see what excuses he comes up with. no a huge amount he owes me but still its the principle.

I

Ian

Just remember and keep calm! Don't get yourself in bother! He might have an honest reason!

A

Abstract tiling

im not gonna go in all guns blazing just going to ask him why he has been ignoring my calls, he rang me saturday saying he has my money. and this week havent heard anything?? he has a lot of work on at the minute so aint gonna burn my bridges.

G

Gazzer

You dont need to burn bridges, just tell him you have bills to pay. Be careful in the future though as if he has done this once he can do it again. Maybe come up with an arrangement for regular payments.

S

Spud

i would rather fall out with a stranger than fall out with my wife, which is what will happen if you dont bring some money home with you ,be polite but firmly say that you are not happy and ask him what he is going to do about it .

C

Ceramico tiling

i would rather fall out with a stranger than fall out with my wife, which is what will happen if you dont bring some money home with you ,be polite but firmly say that you are not happy and ask him what he is going to do about it .

LOL,,lots of money

A

Abstract tiling

my business partner just recieved a call of the guy. he said he tried ringing us yesterday because he had our cash, and also the resteraunt toilet floor is redy to be tiled which is 35 meters. so meeting in the morning get the cash and going to ask for half the floor money upfront. apparently he was all apologise's.

Reply to walked off job... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen