Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

One Day

Why do people think this is a complicated issue with intricacies only the highly educated political elite can understand?! Just like the economy, it's designed from the start to look complicated, and just like the economy it's dead simple. Don't over-think it! It's all legalised robbery to benefit the few at the expense of the many. It's genius really as 99.9% of the many are totally suckered into it.

S

Spare Tool

Right so imagine if this was the other way round and we were always our own little island bobbing along doing our own thing, then someone comes along and says "hey, why don't you JOIN the European Union, oh and while your at it open your boarders to over 80 million Serbs and Turks and any other eu vagrant to wander in and out when they fancy, and just for good measure start paying £350 MILLION a week for the privilege of being joined onto an EU jobcentre" NO way, we are an island, its what makes Britain great cuz we are GREAT BRITAIN, no other place in Europe like it so lets keep it that way ;)

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
And so we're back to immigration again and let's make Britain great again. At this time neither Serbia or Turkey are part of the EU and our border controls already prevent any "vagrant" entering. With this I'm done, good night everyone.

S

Spare Tool

And so we're back to immigration again and let's make Britain great again. At this time neither Serbia or Turkey are part of the EU and our border controls already prevent any "vagrant" entering. With this I'm done, good night everyone.
Just my opinion..

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What exactly do you have to lose or win if UK stays or leaves EU?
How many of you guys know what EU is all about, the benefits of being part of the free trade, when exactly UK joined the EU, why did guys joined the EU in the first place ?
9 out of 10 UK citizens do not know the answer. Do not Google it please.

Reaction score
I am a part time house renovator who has another full time job - in an industry where saying you are for leave is like admitting to something horrible. My vote to leave will be drowned out in their lefty leaning Guardian reading right on trendy thinking.

S

Spud

It boils down to this in my opinion,
Do you believe when you vote your vote makes any difference to how and who sets the laws as a citizen you want to see protecting you
For decades most people believe it is pointless voting as they politicians are all the same and don't listen to the voters, it is why a lot of younger people don't even vote at all
Voting to stay in the Eu will completely take away any chance you had as a voter to effect how this country is run as the laws of Europe are decided by the European Commission which is an unelected organisation that decides the road map of where the Eu is going in terms of policies and laws
When you vote in an European election you vote for a European Parliament member , this European Parliament does not set the laws or policies of Europe so it is probably the most pointless group of people in existence
We joined a common market a free trade area back in the early 1970's not a political superstate, how we ended up where we are now I don't know but somebody sold the British public out ,we now have the opportunity to reset our relationship with Europe
by voting to leave hopefully we will do that and get a better deal for the uk in the process

O

One Day

Didn't someone almost successfully take Edward Heath to court on a civil case for treason over our initial joining of the eu?!

S

Slancelot

...Voting to stay in the Eu will completely take away any chance you had as a voter to effect how this country is run as the laws of Europe are decided by the European Commission which is an unelected organisation that decides the road map of where the Eu is going in terms of policies and laws

Gary I admire your passion for this subject but I feel you've been mislead. That video I posted (I've put a link to it below this reply too) is well worth a watch, it's by someone who has spent their career studying EU Law. I know it's long, but if you're short on time, watch from 05 mins 35 seconds onwards for a minute or two.

Especially the part where he says that although majority voting is now generally standard for deciding EU matters, in practice about 90% of EU decisions are formed by consensus (i.e. they discuss and negotiate until every country agrees). Also he mentions that what is known as the "Big Three" (UK, France & Germany) who effectively provide the economic, diplomatic and political leadership of the EU.

"Virtually nothing happens in the EU without the "Big Three" being in control of it".

I realise your mind might already be a closed book on this subject but I really urge you to watch the video and if you still feel that the information you've found is more reliable than this academic, I totally respect your decision to vote that way.

View: https://www.facebook.com/UniversityofLiverpool/videos/1293361974024537/

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does the guy in the video say anything about Eastern Europeon ghettos springing up allover the place? Does he say anything about cheap labour? Does he say anything about undercutting U.K workers? Enough is enough! The infrastructure of the country (hospitals, doctors surgeries, schools and roads etc) cannot take the levels of migration any longer! We have enough of our own scumbags here, without importing a seemingly endless flow of other countries undesirables.
O U T!!!

Last edited:

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
The poll says enough for most i think. We have had enough of the scaremongering of the in crowd. We no longer fall for it. We will prosper out, we will grow out, we will have control out, Europe will also do all of these things as well. It's a no brainer.

S

Slancelot

Does the guy in the video say anything about Eastern Europeon ghettos springing up allover the place? Does he say anything about cheap labour? Does he say anything about undercutting U.K workers? Enough is enough! The infrastructure of the country (hospitals, doctors surgeries, schools and roads etc) cannot take the levels of migration any longer! We have enough of our own scumbags here, without importing a seemingly endless flow of other countries undesirables.
O U T!!!

Where do you get this info from mma?
HMRC data shows that, for example, between 2000-2011 immigrants from the EU made a NET CONTRIBUTION to our finances of £20billion. In other words, they contributed £20billion MORE in taxes than they took in social/welfare payments.
To be more specific, the Eastern European migrants that you mentioned contributed £5 billion MORE in taxes than they took in social/welfare payments.

So the pressure on public services doesn't come from these immigrants, it comes from government cuts to these services. After all, the taxman is collecting more money as a result from migrants, so there should be enough for the government to cover the public services!

[As a side fact, an economic study from 2014 showed that 25% of Eastern European immigrants had degree level educations, as compared to 24% of UK nationals.]

[Another bonus fact: the study also showed that immigrants who arrived since 2000 were 43% less likely than natives to receive state benefits or tax credits. They were also 7% less likely to live in social housing.]

I know you won't believe anything I tell you, but why not check the facts for yourself?
Facts from both sides of the argument are discussed here:
FactCheck: everything you need to know about EU immigration

And the original academic study is here:
Positive economic impact of UK immigration from the European Union: new evidence

S

Slancelot

I should also add that the guy in the video makes it very clear that he doesn't think the EU is perfect by any means.

But he does make it very clear that both sides are using misleading information
"dishonesty on an industrial scale"

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay