Search the forum,

Discuss Using Rubi TS 60 plus for snapping 45° cuts - how? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

I'll give it a go tomorrow on some scrap tiles if I get a chance.

TBH it's a pretty poor show for Rubi if it doesn't :mad2:

G

Gazzer

I'll give it a go tomorrow on some scrap tiles if I get a chance.

TBH it's a pretty poor show for Rubi if it doesn't :mad2:

I dont think so.
The TS range has been around in that form for many years and before porcelain tiles were common.
Since the coming of porcelain tiles Rubi have come up with the TR and TX range ( and TS, TT , Sigma type) to cover all types of tiles.

C

cornish_crofter

OK, maybe I'm expecting too much from it.

TBH my customer did rather suprise me with the porcelain. I still managed to cut them with the wet cutter.

I went for the TS plus, rather than the TS. I suspect I'll start tiling more with ceramics again in the future.

The TS 60 Plus managed them fine along straight cuts, though cutting 50mm off along their 600mm length did pose a challenge. I found a sharp plunge rather than a gentle squeeze on the braking handle gave me better results.

Thanks for all the replies.

C

cornish_crofter

I tried on a scrap piece of porselain tile today.

I cut at 45° and then offered the tile with its edge up to the bar at the top. I then positioned the score line at at an angle. It did snap along the line except for at the top, where it interefered with the top part of the breaking mechanism.

I would be grateful for a peek at that video though David.

Reply to Using Rubi TS 60 plus for snapping 45° cuts - how? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen