Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rainsco

wow! nice kitchen by the way. and what an huge cooking island!!!... 600 widths x random lengths are very nice! next week i start a jura limestone projekt bathroom and floors with 400 widths.
the floors look absolutely plane on the photos. can you tell me why do you choose the ditra? what adhesive do you taked? i think next projekt i try the kiesel MDM instead of the ardex x32

L

Lukass

photo.JPG
most difficult floor I ever done.
Underestimate by a week too.

R

rainsco

nice and classic floor!

i finished my mondrian inspired toilet room. the red groat color was a long time not available. groating in diffrent colors was not easy. black and white groat color are retreat with renovation color.
i think its cool to do some graphics (union flag would be nice) with glass mosaik but the effort was pure rage.
mondrian-wc-vf.jpg

J

jonnyc

just finishing an original antique terracotta floor from france on monday.
this has taken a while what with very long drying times and job being split in to phases as main work progresses .
this will be my entry for september jotm

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 053.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 041.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 047.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 044.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 027.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 48
P

Peter

Turned out lovely Jonny. Some beautiful work you do, would love to give you a hand for minimum wage one day a week. :drool5:

Quick question though: how come you're always able to get back to houses after they're completed and funished? Do you request to come back to take pictures or just snagging/sealing etc?

J

jonnyc

Turned out lovely Jonny. Some beautiful work you do, would love to give you a hand for minimum wage one day a week. :drool5:

Quick question though: how come you're always able to get back to houses after they're completed and funished? Do you request to come back to take pictures or just snagging/sealing etc?

this job I had to do the first part on upper level so kitchen could go in. Still didnt get to seal or grout it though because terracotta took three weeks to dry and client wanted to move in straight away.
so i covered with building paper and let floor dry under paper whilst builder knocked through to lower level which was the original kitchen.
we then fixed that area and covered with building paper again whilst chippy /builder/painter did their work.
we come back to first seal and grout and need to leave sand/cement to dry for another week. During this time furniture gets moved back in , so we have to move it around as we seal.
On other jobs on this thread i have returned in some instances at end to take photos for new web site im creating.
I work with alot of very porous stones quite often from england and they can take weeks to dry, so in most cases we cover with building felt after fixing and then come back right at end to grout and seal, which is why you see on a couple of jotm entries i have submitted the near finished article.
this method can be problematic when someone spills something that goes through the paper and no one takes the blame.
many times because they are quite big jobs the floor could be covered for 4 -5 months and then you also hav to be careful about letting it breath with heating etcc

R

rainsco

i´m looking forward to your new website! the grout of the teracotta fits great. it looks like the ardex zementgrau or pci sandgrey. a grey thats more brown than blue.

i groat solnhofner platten normaly in sandgrey. but now i have this jura projekt.
jura-ls01.jpg
how would you groat it? jurabeige or sandgrey. its in kitchen and the entry. the jurabeige gets faster dirty i think but it looks more harmonious.

another question to the pro stone tilers. in this projekt i planed a bathtub covering. i made today a dxf and a joiner and friend of mine cuts it out in wood with his CNC machine. so with the wood we can co the right position of the bathtub.
now my idea was when i have the wood tamplate i can cut the cover in stone myself.
so does anyone can recommend me a machine that can do the round cuts and the elipse chamfering?
has anyone experience with little machines like:
Laser 4000 Kurvenschneider
or
Profilfräsen Master 2800 und 3500
or is it better to invest in a little or used cnc production-center and this tools are like toys?
i have a good stone mason but sometimes he has to much work or some projekts are to expensive..
here is a grafik of the bathtub cover:
brunner-bad-2003.jpg

Attachments

• brunner-bad-1501.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 119

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All, here i have garden patio ( royal tumbled stone) with wallcoping (30mm thick slate with bullnose edge)
patio4.jpg patio5.jpg patio6.jpg patio7.jpg patio8.jpg patio9.jpg patio12.jpg patio13.jpg
took me 10 days, still have to go back to polish some steps and coping corners.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
aaaa :lol:, i drive van , but there is free parking about 10 min away from house if you walk or 2min on bike. so i keap bike in my van :thumbsup:

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks