Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jonnyc

Hi jonnyc. looks good there :thumbsup:. Jerusalem is not easy to cut. How long did it take to do?
sorry posted wrong.
600 widths x random lengths.
worked out at approx 10.00 sq mts per day sticking and doing cuts.
got a fairly large dual rail overhead saw so cutting not really an issue.

R

rainsco

wow! nice kitchen by the way. and what an huge cooking island!!!... 600 widths x random lengths are very nice! next week i start a jura limestone projekt bathroom and floors with 400 widths.
the floors look absolutely plane on the photos. can you tell me why do you choose the ditra? what adhesive do you taked? i think next projekt i try the kiesel MDM instead of the ardex x32

L

Lukass

photo.JPG
most difficult floor I ever done.
Underestimate by a week too.

R

rainsco

nice and classic floor!

i finished my mondrian inspired toilet room. the red groat color was a long time not available. groating in diffrent colors was not easy. black and white groat color are retreat with renovation color.
i think its cool to do some graphics (union flag would be nice) with glass mosaik but the effort was pure rage.
mondrian-wc-vf.jpg

J

jonnyc

just finishing an original antique terracotta floor from france on monday.
this has taken a while what with very long drying times and job being split in to phases as main work progresses .
this will be my entry for september jotm

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 053.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 041.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 047.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 044.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 027.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 52
P

Peter

Turned out lovely Jonny. Some beautiful work you do, would love to give you a hand for minimum wage one day a week. :drool5:

Quick question though: how come you're always able to get back to houses after they're completed and funished? Do you request to come back to take pictures or just snagging/sealing etc?

J

jonnyc

Turned out lovely Jonny. Some beautiful work you do, would love to give you a hand for minimum wage one day a week. :drool5:

Quick question though: how come you're always able to get back to houses after they're completed and funished? Do you request to come back to take pictures or just snagging/sealing etc?

this job I had to do the first part on upper level so kitchen could go in. Still didnt get to seal or grout it though because terracotta took three weeks to dry and client wanted to move in straight away.
so i covered with building paper and let floor dry under paper whilst builder knocked through to lower level which was the original kitchen.
we then fixed that area and covered with building paper again whilst chippy /builder/painter did their work.
we come back to first seal and grout and need to leave sand/cement to dry for another week. During this time furniture gets moved back in , so we have to move it around as we seal.
On other jobs on this thread i have returned in some instances at end to take photos for new web site im creating.
I work with alot of very porous stones quite often from england and they can take weeks to dry, so in most cases we cover with building felt after fixing and then come back right at end to grout and seal, which is why you see on a couple of jotm entries i have submitted the near finished article.
this method can be problematic when someone spills something that goes through the paper and no one takes the blame.
many times because they are quite big jobs the floor could be covered for 4 -5 months and then you also hav to be careful about letting it breath with heating etcc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen