Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Nice floor Phil .. goes well with the kitchen... shame about having to insert closures but it happens sometimes.. i have noticed an uptake in this floor type getting popular again..

Thanks Dave, closures have always been a normal part of Geomertic floors, to maintain the overall look of the floor. If you look at the old floors, you will find more closures than full rails in the borders, a bit of artistic licence is a must imo. I know what you mean though. These jobs do not come with an instruction manual. I spent a full day setting this one out.

If we look at the left hand side of the kitchen, I have a full tile on the variable, on the right side against the Aga I have a full tile on the variable, the border goes in half bond, so closures are the only way to go.:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

It wasn't fault picking Phil .. just a shame when closures fall so small and on light tiles they show more.. taking nothing away from your high standard of work , just saying it is a shame when we try to perfect a job..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

It wasn't fault picking Phil .. just a shame when closures fall so small and on light tiles they show more.. taking nothing away from your high standard of work , just saying it is a shame when we try to perfect a job..

Cheers Dave, this is an perfect example of us not living in a ideal world. I did give the client the options ie. two larger closures or one small one, she went for the latter.:thumbsup:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Here's one I finished a couple of weeks ago. I had some 600x400 left over from the kitchen floor. After half a day on the wet cutter and a day fixing I came up with this..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360881309.614075.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360881325.615547.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
P

Peter

Done some chequered 450 porcelain last week, nothing fancy but thought it looked quite smart when it was finished.

20130212_132244.jpg

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks