Search the forum,

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

russell

Re: north east training

Sparky,
I am there on the 12th March, look forward to seeing you there.

Russell

Y

yrag1964

North East Tiling

Hello!
I would like to give Darren and Tracey a mention who run North East Tiling. I attended the 4 day course and also the 1 day natural stone course back in August 2006, it was to me a near perfect course, it was well balanced and gave you everything you needed to know in setting up your own business as a tiler. I walked away feeling confident enough to go into someones house and do a professional job. I am so glad I picked this course and not a longer one as I would have got bored and probably been put off starting my own business, which I did 3 weeks after attending (I was an IT manager for the largest dairy company in the UK) I have never looked back, I now have work from a number of kitchen centres, I have secured a contract with a letting agency who has over 1000 houses on its books, I do work for a Fired Earth franchise and the local housing association aswell as my own work, it is a good career change if you are willing to sell yourself and be confident in what you do! This is all down to Darren and Tracey, if you are thinking of attending a course choose this one, you will not be disappointed.

Tile-Wright
Gary wright
North Yorkshire

T

tileman2

Re: North East tiling Training - Tyne & Wear

I have to agree with all posts on here, course was spot on, the information and training you receive in the 4 days was fantastic. No need to do a similar course over a longer period, it would be a waste of money in my eyes. Thanks Darren / Tracey for an enjoyable but very busy week.

Regards

Kevin

M

M D HUGHES

Just finished my training today with Darren, Paul and the lovely Tracey and thought it was well worth the money for 4 days input. Considering I blew £400 in 30secs on tools straight away. I don't think I would have made that decision had the guys not given me enough confidence to make a go at it. Infact even if you don't you could probably eat and drink the course fee in chocolate buscuits n coffee within the 4 days if Tracey had anything to do with it, lol. I don't think I'll be tiling to my quickest ability for a while but these guys really do know the tricks of the trade and have constructed the course in an easy learning, mass input, relaxed and not in the slightest bit threatening way. So us people who havent studied for some time and are wondering how the brain absorbs a lecture takes on data etc. its very well balanced out and the entire experience is very enjoyable.
Cheers Darren, Tracey and the ever helpful Paul!!:coffee:

S

sparky

Great To Read All This Positive Feedback I Am Going On This Course 12 March And Can Wait To Get Started To See What Its All About Al Let You Know How It Goes When I Get Back:)

C

Caledonian Tiling

I attended the course mid jan and also took the natural stone extra day, my experiance was difficult as through circumstances i missed a day to attend a
funeral, so in all it was a stressful time, not a lot of sleep, feeling i lagged behind
on the course work due to this, but i was determined and upon getting home
how comfortable i was with knowledge i had retained from the course was
surprising even to myself, and i can swear i had never laid a tile in my life.

Yes there are areas not covered, removal of plumbing, plastering/prep etc
but Darren will come back to you with an enquiry you may have and even
talk you through it, see my pics on 1st job done section, after 4 days this
was my 1st job from never laying a tile... effective/efficient communication
on the course provided by Darren, backed up by desire,some natural ability and
willingness to learn continually and progress upon leaving the course will determine who makes a success of it or not, you can attend a 4 year course and if you dont bring
the above to the show... forget it...!
Currently i am finding my feet/slow but pushing myself to make a job right, i wont leave it any other way, its emphasised on the course... IF IT DONT LOOK RIGHT... ITS NOT.

Cheers

Caledonian.
icon7.gif

M

M D HUGHES

Re: north east training

hiya mate, I finished the course last week and found it excellent, didn't really know how much I'd taken in until I got my first job 'this week' (not bad eh!).
You will find that although its fast paced, Darren does get the info into your head if you listen to him properly. You will only take from it what you want, but its all there and very well constructed.
Good luck mate!
Marts

P

PaddyD

north east tiling

ave completed the course it was the dogs ******** fast pasted but everything sticks 10/10

Q

quick draw macgraw

Hi all,

finished the 4 day course in jan but done natural stone yesterday and would recommend this course highly, i had my doubts about whether 4-5 days would be enough to cover all the topics etc but as darren says the tiling is the easiest part its the background prep part thats most important and he covers this all.
Start your own business or even if you want to tile your own house this course has everything you need.
Thanks Darren/Tracy
Steve.

S

sparky

JUST A QUICK SHOUT OUT TO DARREN & TRACEY AT NORTH EAST TILING I AM JUST BACK TODAY AND HAVE TO SAY THAT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT THE COURES IS PACKED FULL OF INFO SO IF YOU DO GO BE SWITCHED ON AS THERE IS LOADS OF INFO TO TAKE IN DID THE NATURAL STONE AND HOPEFULLY OPEN UP ANOTHER MARKET AND MAKE ME LOADS OF MONEY .IF YOUR JUST CONSIDERING THE COURSE THEN JUST GO FOR IT THERE WERE 16 OF US AND EVERYONE ENJOYED AND LEARNED LOADS . WELL DONE DARREN AND TRACEY AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU IN THE FUTURE [NOW THATS £ 50 FOR THE GOOD WRITE UP DARREN:wink_smile: ] ONLY KIDDING THE COURSE IS SH*T HOT MATE:angel_smile:

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen