Search the forum,

Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul

Re: North East Tiling Training - Tyne and Wear

19 pages of great feedback i think ive definately made the right decision to go to Nett

A

AndyNI

I have just finished the 4 day plus natural stone tiling course with NETT, it is very intense but for only being a week long you expect it to be. As said many times Darren has a great teaching ability, he cuts out the crap and gets straight to the point. You learn a lot more than just tiling and Darren goes into a lot of detail on the business side of things, can't recommend it enough !
Cheers mate :8:

K

kaharrison9

Would just like to back up the comments of the many previous on this thread.Have two weeks ago returned from the 8 day tiling coarse after been made redundant having been a printer for 22 years.My trade is finished-digital,China,India.I've 25 years left so have looked at my circumstances positively and decided to hopefully make a career in tiling.
I researched many coarses that were nearer to myself in Leeds but followed my instincts and travelled to Newcastle for 2 weeks.Every thing was as hoped,the staff who all combined created a great opportunity for myself wanting to learn,the overall knowledge i've taken on has given me a great base to build from and the main thing is now the confidence that has grown since returning.
I also did the the 2 day plumbing coarse which when booking i was in 2 minds wether to.My advice to anyone like myself with no plumbing experience is it's a must.It's already gave me now an all round service i can now offer to customers and also make things easy for myself.I've as my first paying job just done a bathroom that needed plying out.From what i've recently learnt the sink,radiator , and toilet came staight out without hesitation,i had the tools i had the method.The client was delighted with the result.If i hadn't have taken the plumbing coarse i would have tiled around things knowing the result could have been by far better.
The money earned on this 1 job has paid for this coarse so not out of pocket but the knowledge gained is now forever.
Many thanks to Paul whose running the coarse
Cheers to all.
Kev

C

Catter1985

NETT course is honestly the best course I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. The teaching was conducted on an extremely professional level and the whole course was set out so to cram a lot of information in a few short days but done exceptionally well.

Darren, Paul, Colin, Debra and Derek were all fantastic and great people to get along with. I went onto the course having no experience at all, now i can safely see myself as a good tiler.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

J

jonash

nett course

Hi, I completed Darren's 4day tiling + 1day natural stone course back in August. I can only aggree with all the positive feedback left so far.
Although I had some experience in tiling the course gave me the knowledge and confidence to start my own business, well worth the trip over from N. Ireland.
Many thanks to Darren and the team,
Jonny

beanz

TF
Reaction score

I just spent a week up at NETT, doing the 4 day and natural stone courses. Not the nearest centre to me (about 5.5 hours in the car) but definitely worth the drive. So much gets crammed into the week; it goes well beyond the basics, and gives you all the knowledge you need to work out any job.
The advice Darren gives on the business side of things is invaluable, half of it would never have even occured to me in a million years!?! Lots of food for thought, which i'm still digesting now.. :yes:

My only regret is that i didn't buy that Plasplugs wet cutter, i've not been able to find a better saw for anywhere near that price... Doh!

My thanks to Darren & the rest of the team :thumbsup:

Last edited:
J

JC tiling

well its the 2 day of my course at north east tiling ans im loving it!!

H

heatybob

hi all,
Just compleated the 8 day course at NETT and there is not a great deal more to add.I can only reiterate what is said in the previous 19 pages.
I dont wanna sound "melowdramatic"but Darren has got together a group of people and with no doubt a great deal of hard work on their parts,has developed a course that he teaches in a rather unique way,that is fast paced,very informative and a lot of fun (so its gorra be worth doin).if you are willing to learn these people can change your lives,be sure of that!!
By virtue of the fact you are reading this you must be thinking of doing the NETT course,do yourself a favour,STOP thinkin an hit the buy button,the cost of this training is an investment,an investment in yourself and there is no better investment than that.
So without further ado,take a bow "team NETT":grouphug:

TRACEY-unfortunaly only met briefly,but the pleasure was mine,
DEBS-ahh the geordie miss moneypenny! so very helpfull,even helped me
sort out b&b,travel,even giving her the money for the course was a
pleasure lol
COLIN-never far away in the workshop,always there to help, proper nice
fella,best of luck to you col
DERECK-aka catweasel,does the plastering 30odd yrs in the trade,another
nice guy
PAUL- as colin above,takes the 3 day advanced course which is excellant i
would not have thought you could learn so much,must say a
massive thx to paul (also does the plumbing course which is a must)
DARREN-the tilers guru,not a lot more i can say about this guy,just listen
an you WILL learn.and yet another all together nice guy

so there you have it,sorry for the long post, My advice to anyone thinking of a tiling course is get on the blower to debs now,and do yourself a favour.:yes:
ged:thumbsup:

J

JC tiling

just finished the 4 day tiling course and the 1 day natural stone course... which is a must.. deffo going back to do plumbing course, when i walked into that unit i thought **** i have to tile that and i admitt it was a bit intimadatin but with the uniqe way that darren delivers this intense course i would have no problem walking in to a punters house and tiling there bathroom or there conservatory and laying some natural stone down..!:hurray: thanks for the help and advice and to all the staff at nett.
YOU HAVE TO SIT BACK AND REALISE THE WORK THAT GOES ON BEHIND THE SCENES ASWELL AS WHAT YOU LEARN!!!! JAMES

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen