Discuss Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, hope things get better and better for you, take it easy to start with and build your confidence as you go, everyone has to start somewhere and mistakes are to be learnt from but we have all been there before.
anything i can help you with just get in touch
Regards
Darren

Reaction score
I've just finished a 5 day wall/floor/natural stone course up at UK Pro Tiling Training (formerly known as NETT) and have to say the course was excellent! You will be surprised how good you can get in a very short space of time. Apart from learning loads on the practical side, where the course really excels is from a business standpoint. Darren has been/still is an extremely successful businessman and teaches his principles of success in a very easy to understand and clear way so that the average tiler can very quickly become a "Businessman working as a tiler" and not the other way around. I've been in the game for 15 years on and off and just felt it was time to re-train and learn some new skills hence the reason for doing the course in the first place. But as mentioned before, the real eye opener was from a business aspect and if I follow what has been taught down to a tee without deviating from the plan then work will be flowing in within a few short months! Thanks again guys!!

W

White Room

Glad to here it
I think the domestic work should be getting better and better, time fly's, its nearly 10 years since i started on this forum and it has just disappeared looking back, as you get older you don't need the hassle, just an easy life, do some graft then come home and watch the telly.
Darren

Glad to here it isn't just me:)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Work in progress on our UK Pro Tiling courses formerly NE Tiling Training
Work below is part of our two week fast track pro tiling course program, all the design work done below is hand cut from spare coloured tiles, nearly all learners have no prior tiling experience when they come, full background prep on every surface and product knowledge is covered at the highest level throughout the course and backed up with our 10,000 word pre written hand out, all chaptered for easy reference
IMG_2279.jpg
IMG_5201 (1).jpg
IMG_2279.jpg
IMG_5201 (1).jpg
1392674_603649326343913_1130799790_n.jpg
web pics 039.jpg

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
More work done this week on our course at UK Pro Tiling Training week 2, Rob dealing with awkward lying sockets, double plunge cutting on 600 x 300s and Bob the Elvis fan doing a tribute to the King
IMG_5192.jpg

visit [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL] for more info

View attachment 80050 IMG_5181.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bill

More work done this week on our course at UK Pro Tiling Training week 2, Rob dealing with awkward lying sockets, double plunge cutting on 600 x 300s and Bob the Elvis fan doing a tribute to the King View attachment 80050
visit [DLMURL]http://www.uktradestraining.co.uk[/DLMURL] for more info
Now I am normally one for there being way too much H&S on a site but removing the guard is a no no - that should not shown on a course apart from something NOT to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Providing your wearing glasses and take your time to make the cut I don't really see anything wrong with this technique. Tried it many times while personally on the course and it works a treat. Much safer than using an angle grinder..

O

One Day

Providing your wearing glasses and take your time to make the cut I don't really see anything wrong with this technique. Tried it many times while personally on the course and it works a treat. Much safer than using an angle grinder..

As long as you wear glasses! It's a sure-fire way to get glaze in the eye if you don't!

B

Bill

I have seen tiles slice off and flung into someone's face without a guard on........needed 3 new front teeth......... is it worth it? Plus I doubt the insurers would like it if you were ever to make a claim!

How is it safer than using an angle grinder?

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
You can't see the way he is cutting on the picture but he has removed the guard and is cutting from the back of the machine, not the front so by being behind the machine means that the way the wheel spins the glaze goes forward away from you as does the water etc so no glaze will be coming back at your face,

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Ive explained how the picture was taken and its not the easiest of cuts to do, so you have two choices, cut from behind to stop the material coming your way on the wet saw therefore nothing can come back your way or use an angle grinder, so are you saying that angle grinders are safe because i know two people who have worked with them had there face sliced in half with an angle grinder blade going wrong and there will have been countless more accidents done with them, so whats your method tom to do this cut

B

Bill

Ive explained how the picture was taken and its not the easiest of cuts to do, so you have two choices, cut from behind to stop the material coming your way on the wet saw therefore nothing can come back your way or use an angle grinder, so are you saying that angle grinders are safe because i know two people who have worked with them had there face sliced in half with an angle grinder blade going wrong and there will have been countless more accidents done with them, so whats your method tom to do this cut
I have got a plunge cut wet cutter............

Reply to Uk Pro Tiling Training - Tiling Courses (formerly Nett) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks