Search the forum,

Discuss Trim issue - opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
We've had a tiled splashback put in as part of a kitchen refit. While the work looks good in general, I think the trim looks a bit odd. It's been used where two planes of tiles meet, and on the vertical lines where there are cuts, but they've left raw tile edges on top.

I think this combination makes it look unfinished, but both kitchen fitter and tiler say this is normal. Is this what is usually done?

IMG_20190620_204607586.jpg

IMG_20190620_204153260.jpg

Reaction score
We've had a tiled splashback put in as part of a kitchen refit. While the work looks good in general, I think the trim looks a bit odd. It's been used where two planes of tiles meet, and on the vertical lines where there are cuts, but they've left raw tile edges on top.

I think this combination makes it look unfinished, but both kitchen fitter and tiler say this is normal. Is this what is usually done?

View attachment 107472

View attachment 107473

The extra trim is not required, but it would look better IMO, especially since some trim had already been used. I agree, odd choice by the tiler. Maybe you could you white decorators caulk on the untrimmed edges to tidy it up. Id rarely recommend PVC trim, stainless steel looks much better, but its more expensive

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well if your not happy coops make your feelings known those tiles are not manufacturered straight so as said above decorators caulk along the top edge and decorate it in with the wall will tidy it up .

Reply to Trim issue - opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen