Discuss Trim Around Window Frame in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dee Griffiths

Not sure what I was doing I'm new to the forum and it wouldn't let me on the forum unless I put options on so just put 1 & 2 lol

D

Dee Griffiths

No, it's not right, he should have started again and set it out correctly, does not sound like he set out at all.

Usually you would find the centre of the window and set out to get the same pattern at the window edges.

I am.just tiling my windows now, the bottom tiles should go past the sill so that the trim and silver tiles meet up. Or sill tiles past depending on trim used and orientation .

View attachment 79831

D

Dee Griffiths

No, it's not right, he should have started again and set it out correctly, does not sound like he set out at all.

Usually you would find the centre of the window and set out to get the same pattern at the window edges.

I am.just tiling my windows now, the bottom tiles should go past the sill so that the trim and silver tiles meet up. Or sill tiles past depending on trim used and orientation .

View attachment 79831
He finished it today except for the shower and grouting he's not a very happy man at the best of times, what should I ask him to do take them all off!! As all the rest won't measure up if he goes past the sill

S

scotmk

You are the customer and you are paying, so it's up to you really, if you are not happy then you have to tell him what you want, I don't know how he is going to finish the window side reveals either? That will need some sort of trim too.

I am not a professional tiler, but if this was mine and I was paying for it, I would have chucked him out without paying. That's not a professional job in my opinion.

But as I say I am not a tiler, I just do my own diy jobs, but looks like I could do better than him.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It looks like he's either worked from the top of the bath or from the floor up and realised when he got to the sill that he'd dropped one. What's the cut size at the top of the window and at ceiling level if you could post a pic

D

Dee Griffiths

It looks like he's either worked from the top of the bath or from the floor up and realised when he got to the sill that he'd dropped one. What's the cut size at the top of the window and at ceiling level if you could post a pic
He started from along the top of the bath
He started Friday m along the bath I have attached pics for the cut size top and bottom of window

image.jpeg image.jpg

S

Spud

You are the customer and you are paying, so it's up to you really, if you are not happy then you have to tell him what you want, I don't know how he is going to finish the window side reveals either? That will need some sort of trim too.

I am not a professional tiler, but if this was mine and I was paying for it, I would have chucked him out without paying. That's not a professional job in my opinion.

But as I say I am not a tiler, I just do my own diy jobs, but looks like I could do better than him.
you are deluded

D

Dee Griffiths

Thank you I wish I was as brave as you to say something, it cost £600 for the labour and I must admit everywhere looks okay to me as I'm not a tiler myself. But he was a so called profession and should have done a boss Job. Thank you for the reply

D

Dee Griffiths

I can't quite work out what's going on from the pics, is it a kitchen or bathroom walls? It looks like the tiles on the face of the wall have been set out too low, a pic from further back would help.
Hi thank you for the reply it's my bathroom and I've added a picture

image.jpg image.jpg

D

Dee Griffiths

a nice piece of 20/30mm thick stone or quartz would sort out the problem
Thanks for the reply but I'm Not sure what is a 20/30 thick stone or quartz is and would the tiler be able to replace it before he grouts or is it too late as all the tiles are in place around the window

image.jpg

Reply to Trim Around Window Frame in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Small quantity of 20 x 31.6 in white required to replace broken tiles.
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay