Discuss Trim Around Window Frame in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dee Griffiths

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I

Ian

I can't quite work out what's going on from the pics, is it a kitchen or bathroom walls? It looks like the tiles on the face of the wall have been set out too low, a pic from further back would help.

D

Dee Griffiths

I was given his name
I can't quite work out what's going on from the pics, is it a kitchen or bathroom walls? It looks like the tiles on the face of the wall have been set out too low, a pic from further back would help.

image.jpeg

D

Dee Griffiths

Hi this is the bathroom were the tiler has placed 2 trims alpng the sill of the window

D

Dee Griffiths

So the bottom tiles have stopped with a rounded trim and the sill tiles have stopped into a flat trim?

Looks weird.

D

Dee Griffiths

Yes I was told he's not lined the tiles up properly around the window, so this is why he's ended up doing this, not sure if that's right.
The tiling itself doesn't look too bad although again I was told he should of started in the middle of the wall to get the same cut at the ends but he never did this,

D

Dee Griffiths

He filled the bottom tile with a trim as there was a too larger gap he said to fill with grout so placed a trim there instead. Don't want to upset him I felt he rushed the job and kept saying this was a terrible job, Do you another alternative than the round trim?

S

scotmk

No, it's not right, he should have started again and set it out correctly, does not sound like he set out at all.

Usually you would find the centre of the window and set out to get the same pattern at the window edges.

I am.just tiling my windows now, the bottom tiles should go past the sill so that the trim and silver tiles meet up. Or sill tiles past depending on trim used and orientation .

20160128_153426.jpg

Reply to Trim Around Window Frame in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks