Search the forum,

Discuss Travelling Time - do you charge / get paid for? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

If you sub contract or work for a Tiling Company, do you charge / get paid for travelling to a job.

T

TJ Smiler

I didn't do much work for contractors but when i did i didn't officially have it as a travelling charge but i would use any travel costs as a tool to negotiate a higher per m2 price (If you get my meaning)

When doing domestic work i would always put a charge in for travel but again this would be factored into my quote.

Wouldn't have thought it was normal to pay travel expenses though mate

T

TJ Smiler

Yes trips are charged in time and fuel here, and if we have to make multiple trips, after all if it cost -us it should be passed -on , same as B&Bs and subsistence while working away from home :)

That's really interesting, how do you price it? Per mile, per hour, time lost etc?

T

TJ Smiler

See i would charge for any travel but it would all be part of the price.... What do you mean by multiple trips (i know that sounds daft as i do understand what multiple means) but does that mean extra trips out during the day to get materials?

A

Alan M

I don't charge for local jobs but do for ones outside my normal radius
I do charge for going to get materials

T

TJ Smiler

I don't charge for local jobs but do for ones outside my normal radius
I do charge for going to get materials

is that for everytime you have to go out... This thread is fantastic lol, love seeing how different we all work

A

Alan M

is that for everytime you have to go out... This thread is fantastic lol, love seeing how different we all work
I charge each time if it is their fault
if they add work or change what they want then they pay to go get the materials
if I forgot something then its on me

O

Old Mod

I generally only charge for parking, it can be horrendous for me.
Did a job last year in WC1 by the strand, it was 9 days straight incl the weekend, so that meant no congestion charge Sat & Sun and only half day parking Saturday. Client insisted that at the end of every day I was to pack away like I hadn't even been there, so my car was essential. The bill for parking and congestion charge was £390.00, there's only ever gonna be one person who pays that bill, and it's not me! :smilewinkgrin:

T

Time's Ran Out

Same as dave...charge for fuel but not time......but I would never work more than an hour away..

So if you do regular work for a builder/ contact and they want you to do 2 bathrooms 70 mins away, you'd say no!
Or would you look at the extra days travelling each week(10 hours) and give them it for the work or charge say £30 a day travelling time to cover your costs and make it worth going. Just a scenario.
Or is it correct for them to expect you to do it for the same price as your local work.

O

Old Mod

So if you do regular work for a builder/ contact and they want you to do 2 bathrooms 70 mins away, you'd say no?
Or is it correct for them to expect you to do it for the same price as your local work.
Personally for the sake of an extra 10 mins I probably wouldn't bother, however, I don't think they should expect it. Chances are if they are working outside their normal catchment areas, they're getting extra too!

Reply to Travelling Time - do you charge / get paid for? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen