Search the forum,

Discuss Top Tips and Trick with Metro Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

Ahah

IMG_20170318_114635.jpg

Reaction score
Mark wall out.

Realise you have marked the wrong way so cutting In the socket will be a nightmare.

Smear lines on wall so you don't follow those by mistake.

Mark new lines.

Stand back look at how messy the wall looks and have a coffee/***/tea break to draw the job out.

Look at wall again and forget which markings you are working to.

Realise you are working on a Saturday the golf club is open and you should be having 9 holes instead

Simples!

(Side note... this is only an excuse if you have started with a hangover)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can't say I enjoy using metros....but a jobs a job....
There's no easy way to use them just try keeping the bond in the corners...but don't be that anal about it if it means avoiding slithers....use 8mm trims....use a decent non slip adhesive, get a level line round the room and work from that ..no need for buttons....and I always use a new squeegee when grouting to get as much of the grout of as possible

O

Old Mod

Mark wall out.

Realise you have marked the wrong way so cutting in the socket will be a nightmare.

Smear lines on wall so you don't follow those by mistake.

Mark new lines.

Stand back look at how messy the wall looks and have a coffee/***/tea break to draw the job out.

Look at wall again and forget which markings you are working to.

Realise you are working on a Saturday the golf club is open and you should be having 9 holes instead

Simples!

(Side note... this is only an excuse if you have started with a hangover)
You sound more like a sparky Laura! :p:p

Reply to Top Tips and Trick with Metro Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen