Discuss Top Tips and Trick with Metro Tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

billy dixon

I always hate installing Metro tiles as they seem to take forever. Give us your top tip for installing Metro tiles for speed and end result.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Fix them square and not brick bond and you won't have an issue with internal corners.

Talk your customers into bumpy whites and save you a headache and them a lot of cash.

Talking of metros who was it who did the job where the odd one was a comic book strip printed on the tile?

I'm about to do my kitchen in them. So I'll follow this thread lol

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was just going to tag you @Andy Allen but you've clearly got your alerts set to inform you of anything concerning Metros...
Done 2 metro kitchen this week !!
Can't remember the last time I tiled a kitchen that wasn't metros..

20160614_094239.jpg

20161006_143315.jpg

20151125_123323.jpg

F

Flintstone

IMG_1747.JPG IMG_1749.JPG
Fix them square and not brick bond and you won't have an issue with internal corners.

Talk your customers into bumpy whites and save you a headache and them a lot of cash.

Talking of metros who was it who did the job where the odd one was a comic book strip printed on the tile?

I'm about to do my kitchen in them. So I'll follow this thread lol

Me! They were imported and I can't remember how much they were but not cheap. Imola pop

Reaction score
Mark wall out.

Realise you have marked the wrong way so cutting In the socket will be a nightmare.

Smear lines on wall so you don't follow those by mistake.

Mark new lines.

Stand back look at how messy the wall looks and have a coffee/***/tea break to draw the job out.

Look at wall again and forget which markings you are working to.

Realise you are working on a Saturday the golf club is open and you should be having 9 holes instead

Simples!

(Side note... this is only an excuse if you have started with a hangover)

Reply to Top Tips and Trick with Metro Tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks