Search the forum,

Discuss tiling over wet ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

If it was installed the same way as mine (I dont know if it was or not), there was no screed. Just pipes, poly foam stuff and then ply. I couldn't put together a worse floor to tile onto if I tried!

Yeah it sounds like no screed, if there's joists it could be possible to lay 18 mm ply and tile on that. You'd probably lose heat due to the ply. If there's no joists then its floating, yikes

tapatalk on my HTC

R

Rich

No joists on mine, the builder did say to the company about the bounce in it and they said that any thicker than 6mm and you would loose the heat as you say. They had to have carpet.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
We did the entire downstairs of a house in the Polypipe system; overboarded with chipboard, then solid oak flooring. It took a while to get up to heat, but it did get there, so their 6mm Ply argument is crap! Ply directly onto the foam wouldn't work though, as there's no way to fix it down!?! I'm sure they do a version that can be screeded (when i say "sure", i mean that vaguely rings a bell lol!).

Reply to tiling over wet ufh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen