Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto cement render in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dickiem

Hi and welcome.....they do say 4 weeks, how long has it been since it was rendered.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

It will all be 'rendered' this week. It's not actually a full render, it's various thicknesses (up to probably 5mm max) in patches merely to flatten the blockwork and to give a level surface for tiling onto. I've used a 4 to 1 to 1, sand:cement:lime mix.

It'll be a bummer if I have to wait 4 weeks, the bathroom is a right mess as you'd expect:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dickiem

You should be putting 12mm render for one coat so it gives you a chance to flatten out, 5mm may lose some strength with that thickness and find difficult to level out.

I only have 'patches' where the aggregate block faces aren't flush but some are the size of a couple of blocks. 12mm reduction either side of the room would leave me insufficient overall width to fit the bath and vanity. Guess I'm stuck with what I've got so have to hope it's sound enough:-/ I wish I hadn't started now:-(

Reply to Tiling onto cement render in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Kitchen Tiling Guide This simple Kitchen Tiling Guide is something a lot of people could have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen