Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling kitchen - painted surface, help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Ok , no need for primer then. Adhere to the drying times before grouting.
Hi. I'm taking the paint off still however I've had to pull off a stainless steel splashback(?) behind the hob. The adhesive from this has pulled off some of the plaster and some of the paper from the plasterboard. I don't want to replace the whole section so would it be ok to prime these bits with PVA or should I cut out the paper down to the plasterboard mortar and then prime?

I could ignore as the majority of the tile will be fixed to the plaster.

20200602_152611.jpg

20200602_152618.jpg

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi. I'm taking the paint off still however I've had to pull off a stainless steel splashback(?) behind the hob. The adhesive from this has pulled off some of the plaster and some of the paper from the plasterboard. I don't want to replace the whole section so would it be ok to prime these bits with PVA or should I cut out the paper down to the plasterboard mortar and then prime?

I could ignore as the majority of the tile will be fixed to the plaster.

View attachment 112649

View attachment 112650

don’t prime with pva , sbr or acrylic with suffice and use a patch up plaster and leave to dry

Reply to Tiling kitchen - painted surface, help! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen