Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling below the batten, preventing slip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jrm

Hi guys,

More progress made this weekend on my bathroom, it's looking good :smilewinkgrin:

I'm just thinking about how to tackle the lower part of the wall when the battens come off. Since there will be no support underneath the tile, how do I prevent the tile from slowly slipping down the wall whilst the adhesive is still wet. I'm using BAL SPF adhesive.

Would I be better off using BAL whitestar? My tiles are 400x250 ceramic.

Cheers for the advise :thumbsup:

C

CJ CERAMICS

Hi guys,

More progress made this weekend on my bathroom, it's looking good :smilewinkgrin:

I'm just thinking about how to tackle the lower part of the wall when the battens come off. Since there will be no support underneath the tile, how do I prevent the tile from slowly slipping down the wall whilst the adhesive is still wet. I'm using BAL SPF adhesive.

Would I be better off using BAL whitestar? My tiles are 400x250 ceramic.

Cheers for the advise :thumbsup:
stick with spf mate the tiles you are fitting are on the border for size of tiles to be used with tubbed addy. as for removing battons how far up the wall have you set them.

D

Daz

Stick with the SPF.
How many rows below the battens do you need to do?

If your cuts are not too small, then comb the adhesive onto the wall and leave for a minute or two. Firmly push and twist the tile into place and it shouldn't go anywhere. :thumbsup:

J

jrm

Stick with the SPF.
How many rows below the battens do you need to do?

If your cuts are not too small, then comb the adhesive onto the wall and leave for a minute or two. Firmly push and twist the tile into place and it shouldn't go anywhere. :thumbsup:

Around 3 rows left to complete the wall, great idea about letting the adhesive go off slightly before fixing the tile, why didn't I think of that! I was thinking about using small panel pins to keep it tight against the spacers.

C

CJ CERAMICS

LOL - posted same time CJ!
i must be getting quicker at typing... wonder if i can get a job as a p.a...lol
have to agree with the captain allow addy to go of slighty..but dont leave it too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daz

Around 3 rows left to complete the wall, great idea about letting the adhesive go off slightly before fixing the tile, why didn't I think of that! I was thinking about using small panel pins to keep it tight against the spacers.

That's an option, but why make work for yourself?

Good luck and don't forget some pics for us!

T

TJ Smiler

Agree with captain slow but if you find its still slipping you could always use duct tape to hold it up (i sometimes have to do this if i need to put a bit extra under or something) simply tape to the tile that has already set above

TJ

Reply to Tiling below the batten, preventing slip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen