Currently reading:
Tiling below the batten, preventing slip

Discuss Tiling below the batten, preventing slip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jrm

Hi guys,

More progress made this weekend on my bathroom, it's looking good :smilewinkgrin:

I'm just thinking about how to tackle the lower part of the wall when the battens come off. Since there will be no support underneath the tile, how do I prevent the tile from slowly slipping down the wall whilst the adhesive is still wet. I'm using BAL SPF adhesive.

Would I be better off using BAL whitestar? My tiles are 400x250 ceramic.

Cheers for the advise :thumbsup:

C

CJ CERAMICS

Hi guys,

More progress made this weekend on my bathroom, it's looking good :smilewinkgrin:

I'm just thinking about how to tackle the lower part of the wall when the battens come off. Since there will be no support underneath the tile, how do I prevent the tile from slowly slipping down the wall whilst the adhesive is still wet. I'm using BAL SPF adhesive.

Would I be better off using BAL whitestar? My tiles are 400x250 ceramic.

Cheers for the advise :thumbsup:
stick with spf mate the tiles you are fitting are on the border for size of tiles to be used with tubbed addy. as for removing battons how far up the wall have you set them.

J

jrm

Stick with the SPF.
How many rows below the battens do you need to do?

If your cuts are not too small, then comb the adhesive onto the wall and leave for a minute or two. Firmly push and twist the tile into place and it shouldn't go anywhere. :thumbsup:

Around 3 rows left to complete the wall, great idea about letting the adhesive go off slightly before fixing the tile, why didn't I think of that! I was thinking about using small panel pins to keep it tight against the spacers.

D

david campbell

would it not be easier to start tiling from the first full tile up then you could just remove the baton and put in the last cut at the bottom,or tile the floor first then mark a datum round the room and put your first cut tile on,creating a level to work up from!

if still struggling why don't you try using a rapid-set adhesive or measure down say x amount of tiles and put the baton on there leaving only the bottom cut:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling below the batten, preventing slip in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.