Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling and underfloor heating help in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mark wemyss

evening

Laid isoscreed/anhydrite at 65mm on the 21/3/17 Ina new build property over underfloor pipes laid into inserts

Screed has since been sanded ready to receive the floor tiles.

Question is do I need to switch the ufh on? And if I do for how long (a day or a week etc)

Sorry for the newbie question but heard different reports where the ufh needs to be on for 2 weeks and off for 2 and others not on at all and just simply install the tiles

Any help welcome

Many thanks

F

Flintstone

I stand to be corrected on the exact times but I think it's switch it on low and work it up By maximum of 5 degrees per day until you reach a high temp. then run it for a week at high temp. Then reduce it over a few days and switch it off 48 hours before tiling

M

Mark wemyss

Hygrometer will be going on it tommorow to double check.
If it is within the limit am I good to tile or does the ufh need to be switched on

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
As the system is used for first time, the mixing valve must be set to minimum setting to let the moisture in the screed to dry out. The temperature should be increased by 2 degrees every day until the mixing valve is set at 45°C (about 5 days).

Once the mixing valve is set to:

45°C for Screed Floor
55°C for Timber Suspended Floor with Aluminum Spreader Plates

set the room thermostats to required levels and programme the system controls to run as required.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You will be amazed how much moisture will come out of the screed once the ufh is turned on.
As above, it needs commissioning before tiling

Reply to Tiling and underfloor heating help in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen