Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles Chipping With A New Blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've heard ck850's are very good but I really didn't get along with mine, chipped loads. If I was trying to do a particularly thin L cut (20x10 around a socket) then I had no chance at all, vibration just broke the tile. Maybe I had a bad one.

Try ATS diamond blades. A quarter of the price and better. I have been buying ck850's for years but no more they've gone crap, try the turbo blade from ATS.
turn the grinder on and off quick and check the blade as I slows down it may have a kink in it as mine did the other week, instead of a 2mm cut thickness it was doing about 4mm

M

mattle40

Try ATS diamond blades. A quarter of the price and better. I have been buying ck850's for years but no more they've gone crap, try the turbo blade from ATS.
turn the grinder on and off quick and check the blade as I slows down it may have a kink in it as mine did the other week, instead of a 2mm cut thickness it was doing about 4mm
I just recently got an ats turbo pal, again not the best blade I've used but like you say, a fraction of the price and a lot better than the 850, pro gres for me next tho

py rookie

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah I think the blade is not the best,it as soon as it touches the tiles the paint just rips off hence chipping,doesn't help with the tiles are black and grey

C

Concrete guy

Use a continuous rim blade for tiles like this, the turbo design by it's very nature will cause chipping on some delicate or lower quality products.

Continuous rim blades are cleaner/smoother in action but don't cut as fast.

O

Old Mod

Yep def with Alan ^^^ turbo blades are too aggressive with ceramics by far!
Need continuous rim like a J slot!
Other suggestions will work too mind.

U

Unused Account 1

Just buy a cheap blade for ceramics ,and keep the good ones for porcelain or stone ,

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
try a black diamond pc blade ..ace blade and not expensive ..thats all i use now ..only exception the squadro for leccy boxes..beast

Reply to Tiles Chipping With A New Blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen