Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles Chipping With A New Blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

py rookie

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi peeps I'm having trouble with tiles called tones,Johnson's tiles,when I use my grinder with a brand new blade on it,the tiles are chipping,especially around the window,any advice would be great ta

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Change your thread title. Try to be a bit more informative with your titles, as "Advice needed" could apply to every single thread on the forum, so people don't know what your thread is about before visiting it. If you put "grinder with chipping tiles" in it, somebody who's had the same issue will quickly spot it and perhaps respond.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had that blade in my cutter......seemed to chip tiles aswell especially the cheap crap ones...

I find the blades i use for cutting most decent tiles tend to chip the really crap tiles must be the thin glaze on them..
Got round it once by borrowing a customers cheap crap wet cutter....cut them a treat!!!
Moral of the story...cut crap tiles with a crap cutter....o_O

U

Unused Account 1

Hi peeps I'm having trouble with tiles called tones,Johnson's tiles,when I use my grinder with a brand new blade on it,the tiles are chipping,especially around the window,any advice would be great ta
When getting a new blade run it through some travertine ,seem to bed it a bit ,with it being natural stone

M

mattle40

I've heard ck850's are very good but I really didn't get along with mine, chipped loads. If I was trying to do a particularly thin L cut (20x10 around a socket) then I had no chance at all, vibration just broke the tile. Maybe I had a bad one.

Reply to Tiles Chipping With A New Blade in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen