Discuss Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

me and wifey did"" baby bump pics "at the weekend with her Dad who is a semi pro photographer turned out great i will ask her permission if she will let me post a few wifey is 36 weeks now due 29th of May but the mid wife says it can come any time now:yikes:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
ooOoo 30th May is my B-Day and I aint sharing! :)

Exciting times hey Gary?!

Are you on shoelace tying duty now then?

D

Deleted member 9966

I shall be going shopping this weekend to buy more slip on shoes :yikes:

oh and I'm carrying 3lb 3ozs of baby... who just so happens to be shoving a foot or two into my right kidney today..

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwatson

exciting times gary/GRR.
just dont do what i did.:smilewinkgrin:
1st time we had baby thought i was calm/collected, maternity bag ready for the gf.
lucosade,change of cloths,nappies, little snacks everthing the midwive said would be realy usefull on the day including maternity notes.

labour starts, i flap around,more nervous than my gf and forget everything notes,the lock stock and barrel:mad2:
luckly the old queen bee came to the rescue and brought the lot the next day .
but i still felt a right plonker when midwife asked me if i had brought the stuff.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
To impatient to wait till the 20 week scan to find out the sex so had a 4D jobby at 16 weeks:
It's a boy!!
RACHAEL_1.JPG
That's its digger jutting out there!

Amazing how much detail you can see at only 16 weeks:
RACHAEL_12.JPG

D

Deleted member 9966

wow, those scan images are fab Nick. congratulations about expecting a son. I still can't get over how many people I know of who are having babies this year.

Tomorrow we start overhauling BGRR's bedroom. Walls need stripping of paper, carpet is to be ripped up, start with a blank canvas. I'm looking for some actual baby/nursery wallpaper but all places seem to stock is baby style borders. I really fancy papering the whole room in some kind of zoo/jungle theme, but can't find any paper that fits the bill. And because we've got to strip off some horrific blown vinyl wallpaper which we know is covering almost black walls, I dread to think what shape the walls underneath will be in when we start tomorrow :yikes:

U

user123

Are you involved with stripping the wallpaper, Liz? Please don't do any stretching with the scraper along the wall, stretching in awkward ways can cuase troubles - I know, I was 5 months pregnant and decided to paint a low cottage ceiling, (as I'm tall, 5'8") it didn't seem too difficult, and I nearly lost my baby, had to stay in hospital for 5 days, flat on my back. Was told at the time that stretching is the worst you can do, and no I hadn't known, so please don't do it.

D

Deleted member 9966

Are you involved with stripping the wallpaper, Liz? Please don't do any stretching with the scraper along the wall, stretching in awkward ways can cuase troubles - I know, I was 5 months pregnant and decided to paint a low cottage ceiling, (as I'm tall, 5'8") it didn't seem too difficult, and I nearly lost my baby, had to stay in hospital for 5 days, flat on my back. Was told at the time that stretching is the worst you can do, and no I hadn't known, so please don't do it.

It's ok G. hubby will do it. I'll surpervise :grin:

D

diamondtiling

Heavy duty paper stripper available if you want one Liz, no hire charge to you of course.

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

thanks for the offer Dom. I'll ring you tomorrow if I need it. Hubby still hasn't emptied the furniture out of the room yet :mad2:

thanks again for the offer of the wallpaper stripper Dom but thankfully, we didn't need it! :hurray: it was that annoying paper that has a vinyl overlaying a paper backing. managed to get all the vinyl off just by pulling at it, and then soaked the backing paper and the whole lot just came away from the wall within 15 minutes! easiest stripping I've ever done :lol:

I now know why it was paper though. Somebody had the foresight to paint half height of the wall with the darkest purple paint you've ever seen and then some other numpty decided to try and scrape it all off and took big chunks out of the plaster :mad2: hubby has had some fun filling and patching the big dips and we also tried Polycell's Smoothover stuff, which worked better than expected but not brilliantly.

So after 3 years of naf wallpaper, a brown cord carpet and not a lot else, Baby GRR now has smooth barley white dulux'd walls, a nice white ceiling, and a lovely carpet on order to be fitted later on this week. Oh and we have also started re-painting the family crib :yesnod:

Reply to Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay