Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile shop displays in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mattle40

i started out tiling displays for showrooms but I was on the books so I don't know what to price.
I've just set up on my own and I'm going to approach a shop I used to do settings for about possibly doing some settings in my quieter time.
Was thinking of going in at my day rate but think I should maybe knock some off since it's helping me in my quiet time and I might get extra work as they'll be more inclined to recommend me.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Most tile shops expect you to Tile a display for nothing, in return they let you put your buissnes cards on the display so customers can see you're work and take one. ..

D

DemoXpert

Went 'round the local tile depot, told the guys I'd give them a pound for every m2 of work I'd get out of their recommendation!...
Yay or nay?! :grimacing:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Should be a 2 way thing with a tile shop.......you recommend your customers to them and they do the same for you......
Maybe buy them a beer at Christmas that's about as far as I would go..

S

Simon benn Leeds

Which ever shop recommends you, buy materials from there.
Or if you can, physically take your clients to the suppliers, more they see your face more they'll recommend you.

D

DemoXpert

Should be a 2 way thing with a tile shop.......you recommend your customers to them and they do the same for you......
Maybe buy them a beer at Christmas that's about as far as I would go..
I understand and it makes a lot of sense, but that's the case when you're flying high, at the moment i'm just taking off... been working as a subby for a mate, so far haven't done many private jobs. it's just an incentive for the guys to recommend me, only to get my foot on the door and just so i start getting noticed out there... Not that i'll be doing it forever!...

S

Simon benn Leeds

Your right to think it is difficult to get established as a new company/ trader.
Best advice from me would be take every customer you get and go the absolute extra mile, bend over backwards for them give them good honest value for money and it'll take no time at all to get your own client base, then eventually you'll get that break where you get established and hopefully land bigger, better, more regular work,
Don't think it's all about the tile suppliers, they need you more than you need them.

M

mattle40

Thanks Simon, I've a feeling I Know you. I used to work for the tile shop on stanningly road? (I won't name them) opposite the park. Did you ever work for a guy called Phil?

S

Simon benn Leeds

I did indeed mate, how's things?

I'm sure roger and Ivan will chuck a bit of work your way if you left on good terms, (I knew you'd start up on your own) good for you

P.m your details, I can possibly help you out here and there.

M

mattle40

I did indeed mate, how's things?

I'm sure roger and Ivan will chuck a bit of work your way if you left on good terms, (I knew you'd start up on your own) good for you

P.m your details, I can possibly help you out here and there.

Thanks Simon, yes we left on good terms, 2.5 years ago now. Time flys.
I left to get my plumbing qualifications and i flew the nest just this month out on my own. Il pm you thanks

Reply to Tile shop displays in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks