Search the forum,

Discuss tile over old floor adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tile89

just ripped out a large bathroom, and was a tiled concrete floor, pretty much all the old tile adhesive has stayed on the floor, have scraped a few areas but has taken ages as it has bonded extremely well to the concrete floor, would this be ok to tile over? as i can understand if the floor adhesive was loose, then definately not, but this is stuck like REMOVED to a blanket
would be using a nicobond thinset
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought rather than starting a new thread I'd bump this.

I've had my floor tiles lifted in my ensuite as there was a leak in the toilet. It's a newbuild house so the builder is doing the work.

The floor tiling was done by my own contractor who used 6mm hardies backer board.

The builder hasn't stripped the adhesive or backer and I think he is intending to tile on the old adhesive.

This is going to add height, although not much. Apart from that is there any reason other than saving money that he shouldn't be doing it'll this way and should be lifting and replacing the old backer board?

Reply to tile over old floor adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays