Discuss Tile cutting problem in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with fired earth porcs a few years back , full tiled bathroom . tried everything .. had to use my bridge cutter !! :mad:

R

RayL12

Hi all, :)

As some of you know, I'm in my 7th week, of 16, on a Wall & Floor tiling course; lvl 2 Diploma.

Though this might not answer the question, I soon learned that the gap in between the 'planks' of the aluminium 'Step-Up', was perfect to slip a 150mm^2 tile in to create perfect slim 8mm, and less, wide pieces.

So, there's a tool that someone can invent; a Ste-up/Trestle with an adjustable plank. Or, does it exist already? :)

...Ray.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Recently I was in on a Rubi "Breakfast Morning" where the rep had the same problem cutting a particular Matt finished rivened tile..That tile had an extra middle sandwich material...
I have often just scored that type of tile and "whacked it on the straight of a corner of something.. Giving it an even pressured break.... Invariably works for me...

L

LM

As some of you know, I'm in my 7th week, of 16, on a Wall & Floor tiling course; lvl 2 Diploma.

Though this might not answer the question, I soon learned that the gap in between the 'planks' of the aluminium 'Step-Up', was perfect to slip a 150mm^2 tile in to create perfect slim 8mm, and less, wide pieces.

So, there's a tool that someone can invent; a Ste-up/Trestle with an adjustable plank. Or, does it exist already? :)

...Ray.
You've lost me Ray?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

...Ray.
Are you in the correct thread ?.. ..your answer makes no sense at all..

Profix

TF
Reaction score
try scribing the first 75mm at each end without coming off the tile then a single scribe to break, or scribe another line 10-15mm onto the waste and take this off carefully with your snips after snapping it in the machine, if it veers off it should stop at the first proper cut line

Reply to Tile cutting problem in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks