Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile cutting problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Job I'm on at the moment the porcelain tiles are rock hard and when you cut them the last inch or so seems to go off line either to the right or left .....I've had this before and managed to muddle through, wasting a few tiles on the way.......has anyone else had this ?
I've even borrowed a new sigma from my supplier which has improved it a bit but still can't bang out every tile spot on...

I

Italy

Job I'm on at the moment the porcelain tiles are rock hard and when you cut them the last inch or so seems to go off line either to the right or left .....I've had this before and managed to muddle through, wasting a few tiles on the way.......has anyone else had this ?
I've even borrowed a new sigma from my supplier which has improved it a bit but still can't bang out every tile spot on...
you have tried to score the tile 2 or 3 times with the handle?

J

J Sid

yes Andy , just had this on a 40m2 garage floor. All ok except was three boxes short. Next boxes, different batch and would not snap, had to grind them

N

NZ_Tiler

Are you using the breaker or jackie channing them?

On stubborn tiles I find that slapping them with your hand works better.
Try adjusting your sigma rail depth so it's scribbing with firm pressure but not causing the tile to ping and snap prematurely. Personally would only scribe once.

Reply to Tile cutting problem in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock