Search the forum,

Discuss Thoughts on CTD prices & redundancies? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Trade accounts , like persimmons etc are big money for them. Can’t see them going retail only tbh. Where did you hear this if you don’t mind me asking ?
They are going full e-commerce and online from feb 2024 for contractors. Stores will be full retail a-la-topps, house bashers will have to go through architectural and reps.

You won’t be able to walk into a store as a developer and get any kind of deal… you can’t even get a deal as a loyal trader.

Reaction score
P
Iv heard its true from the manger at CTD. Also the prices have gone up massively on selected items! But you shouldn't be paying the amount on mapei grout, it's £20 in screwfix and CTD have to price match it well they do in my store.
Price matching is going out of the window, they are adopting the kingfisher/b&q business plan.

“Spend X amount with us and receive X discount”

I only used CTD, partly because of local convenience. mostly from having a coffee and chat with the lads… that is all gone from September boys.

Reaction score
I use 3 CTD’s in my surrounding area and have good relationships with the staff.. between chatting with them and squeezing information from reps, I can confirm that CTD is no longer as we know it.

Loads of people are getting laid off next month and the prices are skyrocketing…!the company that bought them out also got a bunch of tile giants while they were going under, so it looks like they are expanding with less staff.

Price match issues are also a thing now… staff’s hands are tied.

This place is going down the toilet

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
They are going full e-commerce and online from feb 2024 for contractors. Stores will be full retail a-la-topps, house bashers will have to go through architectural and reps.

You won’t be able to walk into a store as a developer and get any kind of deal… you can’t even get a deal as a loyal trader.
Wow 😮. Haven’t they been bought out as well.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In my experience, CTD usually offers competitive prices for tiles and related products. However, I always compare their prices with other suppliers to ensure I'm getting the best deal.

As for redundancies, if CTD is going through a period of staff reductions, I bet it might be due to business restructuring or economic challenges. However, I stay updated on the situation only through official announcements from the company.

Cheers,
Emma

Reaction score
The company aren’t announcing anything yet

Attachments

• AFEC31FD-85CB-440C-BE71-5F7156EB43FE.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
That Emma Finn clearly works for the c***s!

I can tell you this much, myself and plenty of others have stopped using them. I’m taking on a bloke who they let go of and he says it’s all gone to s**t, there’s no staff and nobody knows what’s going on. I’ve had to change his start date twice as they keep ******* that up too. He hasn’t received any official email with a thank you or apology or anything, no correspondence whatsoever and he’s been there a long time. He reckons they’ll either get sold on again or go under as shops are closed all over and his mates are begging each other to cover their shift.

I hope someone from their company reads this. I’ve done nearly £80k on materials alone from April til now and I sent ALL of my customers there solely because I could trust the staff as they know their stuff, but that sort of treatment leaves a sour taste.

I won’t be using them again and I certainly won’t tell my customers to go to a shop with **** all staff, it’s not like I was going there for the tremendous savings anyway.

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to work out what’s been going on with CTD for the past month or so and no one in my branch is giving much away, so thanks to you all for giving me and insight and an update to what’s going on.
My branch reopened end of last week after shutting unexpectedly and rapidly for a couple of weeks. I’m in there first thing tomorrow so I’ll try squeeze lads working in there.
I have been using another supplier but they don’t offer the full range of brands CTD do which is a shame.
Or I’m having to think in advance and order materials online… which means not getting it on credit, which is essential when monthly material bills are £5k-£8k

C

Ctdemployee

Well, I can tell you all now. They have made redundancies left right and centre. They have swiped out majority of the management from ceo to directors. They’ve swiped out team members who have been there a very long time. They have done everything on the wrong grounds, they haven’t paid redundancies correctly. They’ve got rid of pregnant ladies, people with disabilities and scored them low tactically. I can tell you all now… they may hype about 300 promotions in past year but they’ve lost probably the same amount shutting 2 main hubs down. And losing long standing members of the team. They have removed all transit vans off the branches which eliminates customers service with delivering goods, they removed all bonuses off everyone. Their main focus going forward is for retail. They want to look like an apple shop with their new re branding . Best advice for you all. Take your money to a shop that values their customers, you will notice a lot of UNHAPPY CTD staff. The place is a sh*t show!

TS21

TF
Reaction score
Bit of a sad thread to finally pop my posting cherry this one, but the CTD Stockton store has always been close to my heart as I’ve been using it for 20 years. And for pretty much 19 of them there’s been a nucleus of 6 or 7 lads who’ve given fantastic advice and service, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them. That 6 or 7 has dwindled to a couple now who do their absolute best so I’ll remain loyal, but they’re the reason I do, not the company. Let’s hope whoever owns CTD reads this thread, but it’s unlikely.

Reply to Thoughts on CTD prices & redundancies? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen