Search the forum,

Discuss This Tile Job Makes Me Sad in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s a rip out. It’s tricky because you can give him a chance to rectify, but let’s face it, he’s not aware of tile trim or how to set out. Might be an idea to ask him to reimburse for the materials if he didn’t supply and ask him to walk away. I doubt he has any sort of insurance so the mention of a claim might put the frighteners on him.

At the end of the day, that’s a really rough job.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s a rip out. It’s tricky because you can give him a chance to rectify, but let’s face it, he’s not aware of tile trim or how to set out. Might be an idea to ask him to reimburse for the materials if he didn’t supply and ask him to walk away. I doubt he has any sort of insurance so the mention of a claim might put the frighteners on him.

At the end of the day, that’s a really rough job.
It’s a beauty isn’t it.

Reaction score
It really is Dave! I try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt as we all have bad days or make mistakes… the fact that he didn’t trim the edge, carried on, grouted, then took a step back to admire his work is embarrassing.

On the plus side, I get work off the back of these mistakes. I used to show clients photos like this when they thought my quotes were too high, now I dont try to justify it… this is what your £80 a day labour gets you.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It really is Dave! I try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt as we all have bad days or make mistakes… the fact that he didn’t trim the edge, carried on, grouted, then took a step back to admire his work is embarrassing.

On the plus side, I get work off the back of these mistakes. I used to show clients photos like this when they thought my quotes were too high, now I dont try to justify it… this is what your £80 a day labour gets you.
That job is American , they tend not to use trims but ye its an abortion.

Reply to This Tile Job Makes Me Sad in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen