Search the forum,

Discuss They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I use this saw, but then again I do a lot of woodwork as well, but just change the blade to a metal one when needed :smiley:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-MLS100-240-255-Electric/dp/B0013UY7N2

Hate using a hacksaw and mitre box when there's a tool that does the job in seconds and perfect cuts, good as well for taking 1/10th of a mm off as well if you work to fine tolerances (I'm sure you do ;))
That's not a bad price at all John.
I've been toying with the idea, mainly cos I can't find a 305mm blade for my Dewalt chop saw! Haha

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Yeah I agree and with all the metal trim I'm using right now my it sounds like a future purchase of one of these is on the cards......thanks again muck

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's not a bad price at all John.
I've been toying with the idea, mainly cos I can't find a 305mm blade for my Dewalt chop saw! Haha

I think I paid about that for mine but got it from local supplier, They're a bit bulkier than a hacksaw and mitre box (slightly) but when there's a tool that is quicker and more accurate, I'm game for that

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah I agree and with all the metal trim I'm using right now my it sounds like a future purchase of one of these is on the cards......thanks again muck

I've just done a couple of bathrooms with the Butech trims and they are heavy, I'm guessing they are difficult to start the cut with hacksaw as well as it is a chrome finish over brass

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I've just done a couple of bathrooms with the Butech trims and they are heavy, I'm guessing they are difficult to start the cut with hacksaw as well as it is a chrome finish over brass
Yes definately mate the chrome trims are even worse, I think you,ve made my mind up now :thumbsup:

Reply to They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen