Search the forum,

Discuss They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
U do know u can use the trim this way also and I think it's a more subtle look.

20130516_082210.jpg

I

Ian

U do know u can use the trim this way also and I think it's a more subtle look.

View attachment 83308
It takes a bit more thought to use the trim this way, I do like the look but, it's a bit back to front from a tiling perspective, you almost need to tile the reveal before the face to get the trim flush. What grout have you used by the way? Looks very patchy. Mapei?

S

Saltire69

Its easy once you get the hang of it Bri. I do all my trims this way as i find it more subtle. Just go passed the reveal about 12mm,or more if window out, cut trims and use just a little silicone or tape to hold in place till you tile the reveals.

D

dave l and l

WP_20160708_012.jpg WP_20160708_007.jpg WP_20160708_007.jpg WP_20160708_012.jpg WP_20160415_013.jpg WP_20160415_011.jpg
all the trims mitred . and fitted both ways i prefer the trim face not shown , last couple of jobs , there were 6 in the last bathroom i done , all the trim was bought from porcelanosa so it was a real pain to cut,

O

On one

Its easy once you get the hang of it Bri. I do all my trims this way as i find it more subtle. Just go passed the reveal about 12mm,or more if window out, cut trims and use just a little silicone or tape to hold in place till you tile the reveals.
I might just have to give it a go the next time........like you say subtle and looks a damn sight easier.

Reply to They are only mitres?! eh?!?! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen