Search the forum,

Discuss The Use Of The Multi Tool in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What should I invest my Christmas money in?
For grout yes, tiles .......not that I can ever remember.
Just old reliable SDS and hammer and bolster/chisel/screwdriver/wood chisel/ anything pointy/ bigger hammer/ or client! :D

Both have their merits, battery can be convenient and quick.. Stops u having to find power but can be restrictive cos they tend to be bulkier.
Cabled have more grunt, are generally smaller, but finding power can be a pain and getting tangled in the cable when you're in a tight space is grounds for smashing it against a wall!:D

Hope this helps!!!:p:p

I thought that, very convenient, saves not getting extension wires out etc, so think I'll plug for that.

:)

you can spend it on my new multi tool and post it up if you like!!!! ;)

O

Old Mod

Well depends on how much we're talking about,
and how many toys u need? :D

I have a full kit and some!! (I like toys, ask Ali or Gary! Haha)

But I could comfortable spend a grand on just a new laser and laser measure right this second.
And that's without the other 5grand on cutting equipement and associated tools!:D

It's all about priority for me, if I want something, I get that first!
If I NEED something, that probably comes last! Hahha

O

Old Mod

Got a few grout rake outs on the horizon so this is the baby. Love tools
Well I'd probably visit a decent tool stockist if I could and try a few for weight and balance. Try and gauge what would be comfortable to use.
Personally I've been Ryobi + one stuff lately.
Semi pro gear, dunno bout u but I use a multi tool maybe once a week, the impact drivers deliver 220nm which is way above anyone else's
The cordless grinder is dead handy for light work and doin mitre's
I find its good all round gear, and what's more the 4ah betteries are excellent and pretty much everything is priced at £60-£90
Which for the amount of use I give each individual piece is a bargain.
The impact driver is indestructible, and the multitool is very versatile.
But it's not the lightest of equipement in comparison to some!
But it's half the price.
I have 3 4ah batteries and it's more than enough for any task. Imo. :)

But then I have 3 multitool's several drills, 3 grinders, battery, mains and variable speed and so on and so on! Haha
I just like tools! (Machinery! Not to be confused with anything else!) :D

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well I'd probably visit a decent tool stockist if I could and try a few for weight and balance. Try and gauge what would be comfortable to use.
Personally I've been Ryobi + one stuff lately.
Semi pro gear, dunno bout u but I use a multi tool maybe once a week, the impact drivers deliver 220nm which is way above anyone else's
The cordless grinder is dead handy for light work and doin mitre's
I find its good all round gear, and what's more the 4ah betteries are excellent and pretty much everything is priced at £60-£90
Which for the amount of use I give each individual piece is a bargain.
The impact driver is indestructible, and the multitool is very versatile.
But it's not the lightest of equipement in comparison to some!
But it's half the price.
I have 3 4ah batteries and it's more than enough for any task. Imo. :)

But then I have 3 multitool's several drills, 3 grinders, battery, mains and variable speed and so on and so on! Haha
I just like tools! (Machinery! Not to be confused with anything else!) :D
I've seen that gear in tradepont, didn't think it was worth a look. Might have to give it a second look... Not a Screw fix fan @3_fall?

Reply to The Use Of The Multi Tool in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen