Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't knock yourself Bri mate, just cut down a lot first and try quit again properly when you feel it's possible.

And well done Phil! I'm going to have to try to get some patches or gum, I'll bloody pay again like I did last time if I have to. It's bugging me to bits I'm not good at this. Having a bad cough is helping a lot, the thought of trying to inhale anything but fresh air makes me cough.

Last edited:
S

Spud

some lads at work are on the patches and say that they have no urges for cigarettes while on them

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I must get myself some asap. Last time I had them they made me feel a bit sick, I think I got ones too strong for me. So I cut them in half and one half wasn't quite enough. Gave up persevering and just binned 'em and bought some ciggies.

S

Spud

I gave up 6 years ago but was only really an occasional smoker it was worse when in the pub before the smoking ban it was a real fight not to have a *** even now when i smell cigarette smoke I get the urge to have one but choose not to ,good luck with quitting you will save yourself a fortune

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done mate, that'll be us lot in a couple of months hopefully. It's more about my health than cash although I'll notice the savings I bet.

M

mikethetile

well done lads keep it up, its not easy but you have all done well

im on day 14 now and im a non smoker for life this time

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait to say that Mike. Your legacy will continue! (hopefully every 9 days :D)

P

phil7677

good work everyone. it was easy the last couple of times i stopped but just as stupid as ever i went back on them again. after the new year i will give them up. got the training to do for the half marathon and there is no way i will be running it with lungs full of smoke. well done and keep it up :D you know it makes sense with that vat increase coming up. wont be long before they are a tenner a pack. mind you i remember saying that about a fiver

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had one ciggy today, and it was just, and I had to have all of it. Nearly lost my temper over a screw that wouldn't come out of the damn dodgy cutlery draw. Now I feel a bit dizzy like it's my first ever ciggy which I'm assuming is a good thing.

Nipped my parents earlier and my old man has three patches left from when he quit, and he has the inhaler thing with loads of cartridges left so I'm 'smoking' those now.

I can honestly say I feel like this time it's really happening :D I've got ciggies on the shelf and a lighter right there and although I keep thinking about it, I just tend to be able to avoid picking them up.

S

Stewart

Just think Dan, stop taking that one ciggy and you can get a job with me.........well done mate, your on the right track. :hurray::hurray:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The draw probably would have gone through the window if I hadn't have had that one, so I'm seeing it as a cost saving thing :lol: :lol:

Though I'm sure in a few days time I'll be going through the days with no ciggies at all and no broken windows. :D

D

Deleted member 9966

The draw probably would have gone through the window if I hadn't have had that one, so I'm seeing it as a cost saving thing :lol: :lol:

Though I'm sure in a few days time I'll be going through the days with no ciggies at all and no broken windows. :D

that's my trick Dan. if it's not doing as it's told, throw it or kick it.... HARD! and I've been off the **** for 7 years!

M

mikethetile

instead of having a smoke just take a big deep breath , hold it for a few seconds and let it go, far more calming than a smoke, it takes 7 seconds for the nicotine to get from the lungs to the receptors in the brain so its the first draw that relaxes which is the breath not the smoke

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay