Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Righteo lads and ladies I'm giving more thought to quitting smoking since Mike (mikethetile) has managed it and is doing well and even moaning about smokers after only 9 days :lol:

I've ordered everything I can get off here: Smoking? | Advice to help you stop smoking | NHS SmokeFree

And I'm waiting for somebody to call me back apparently.

I wondered if anybody else wants to give this a go with me and in 9 days (or more, I have about 80 **** left) we too can whine about the smell of smoking.

Perhaps think of it as a sort of support group for tilers?! lol

D

DHTiling

Good choice bruv and anyone else partaking in this life changing decision.. i wish you all the success you deserve to quit..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My addiction test says I'm highly addicted to nicotine. Could have told you that myself mind.

S

Stewart

Excellent news Dan....... you have to do it if there's an app involved, and what you gonna spend all that extra money on then?

Sent using Tapatalk.....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently a Gym membership is the same as what I spend on ciggies (the nhs website told me) and I spend the same every day as a cinema ticket.

So not sure :lol:

Might get some extra fishing bits and bobs or something. Maybe do up the old MR2 that needs some TLC and a good thrashing around a track or two.

Nobody else taking me up on the offer then? haha

Looks like it really is a thing you do on your own then.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
wish you luck Dan, gonna be a tough haul

Yeah but Mike made it look easy and I've not seen that often.

Only heard of a couple of people that just decided to stop one day and did, and one of those guys was only a few months ago (though he'd quit 20 years or more ago).

A

Aston

best of luck dan!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
do yourself a favour, if you slip up and have one, dont beat yourself up, just start again from that point. and remember, if anyone asks do you want a cigarette, then you say, i dont smoke ;0) ....none of this, ive packed in or its day 10, you simply dont smoke anymore, end of ;0) its a strong statement of intent...anyway, your a strong minded so and so, so you'll do it (meant that in a nice way so no crossing me off your friends list :thumbsup:

best of luck
ed

U

user123

Yeah but Mike made it look easy and I've not seen that often.

Only heard of a couple of people that just decided to stop one day and did, and one of those guys was only a few months ago (though he'd quit 20 years or more ago).

I did, Dan, I was not a heavy smoker, but when I went through my divorce I wanted to smoke all the time, and one day I looked at it and thought, wouldn't it be something of a FAB new start if I manage to quit now? And I did :hurray: the first week or so was really really tough, and there is the old attitude curve about it, but it's good when it becomes a matter of pride, that helps you over the bit three months later when the little devil in you says, you've done it now, you can have the odd one, go on and all that. But really, when it comes down to it it is easy, and kind of interesting to regain control... promise!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
cold turkey is the only way imo dan,i stopped years ago took a few goes mind

seeing my mum have 2 heart attacks which near killed her made me stop,

D

Deleted member 9966

I'd quit with you Dan if I still smoked. I still remember the last cigarette I ever smoked (October 9th 2003). For me now, my mindset is my body is a temple. And I don't smoke, drink very little and try to not over indulge. Set yourself a target Dan. For me my target is being as healthy as possible so when I have my own kids, I'll have more stamina than they will :lol:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay