Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Evening quitters, how is everyone getting on? 4th of Jan was the last one for me, still going strong. Hope all is well.

S

SandyFloor

I'm doing ok. Nearly two weeks now without any problems. I was staying in a hotel in Solihull the last two nights while on a course and spending evenings in the bar and didn't let myself down by smoking. The inhaler is definitely a big help plus you don't have to go outside for a puff on it :thumbsup:

B

b30 villain

had the cough for 2 weeks bud.The missus got a chest infection and had to get antibiotics doc reckons its quite normal for this to happen though

S

Scott

22 days but woke up this morning and could have had a ciggy for some reason

Some days are like that im afraid. You just need to fight it every now and then. Its a lot weasier when you get to the stage you are at now as the main crux of the problem is sorted. I reckon 3 weeks is the key amount of time to really get the craving out of your head.

I sometimes dream i have smoked and im really cross when i wake up in the morning. Again thats a common dream amongst non smokers.

Keep up the good work

B

b30 villain

I sometimes dream i have smoked and im really cross when i wake up in the morning. Again thats a common dream amongst non smokers.
Ive never really remembered any dreams but since i gave up the **** im constantly having mad ones:lol:

S

SandyFloor

Having the mad dreams here too. I'm sure it's due to shifts in the chemical balance of your body.

S

Scott

Thats your real uninhibited thoughts at work ;) (both of you)

I guess its like eating cheese or drinking before sleep, its got to affect you in some way. They say sleep is more disturbed with alcohol but i guess any substance that can alter your mind or body will have an affect.

Sweet dreams guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

we covered that this at the smoking cessation clinic as some people were experiancing it

its the increase of oxygen to your brain and is also a side effect of champix

S

SandyFloor

I dont think the dreams have any connections to my thoughts subconscious or otherwise. If you think differently please feel free to explain why I dreamt about a lion that wore make-up :lol:.

D

Deleted member 9966

Lion

To see a lion in your dream, symbolizes great strength, courage, aggression and power. You will overcome some of your emotional difficulties. As king of the jungle, the lion also represents dignity, royalty, leadership, pride and domination. You have much influence over others. You also need to exercise some restraint in your own personal and social life.
To dream that you are attacked by a lion, suggests that a force may be driving you to self-destruction. You need overcome these challenges and obstacles. To see a black lion in your dream, represents a negative force. You are using your position of power for evil.

Makeup
To dream that you are applying makeup, suggests that you are trying to cover up or conceal an aspect of yourself. Alternatively, it indicates that you are putting on your best face forward. You are trying to enhance your self-image and increase your sense of self-confidence. The dream may also be a metaphor that you need to "make up" with someone. It is time to forgive and forget.
To dream that you are wearing too much makeup, indicates that you are putting too much emphasis on beauty and outside appearances rather than what is inside.

I would suggest then Sandy if the lion is wearing make up, then you know deep down you are strong enough to beat the addiction, but perhaps you have to put on a brave face to convince others?

online dream dictionaries are ace :lol:

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay