Search the forum,

Discuss 'The bigger picture' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Pebbs;410644[B said:
]I think there must me a sack load someplace where idiots pull out these cliches, spout them out to you. I cant be doing with listening to idiots. Give em a cheap suit and stick them in a car showroom, and they can talk the same kind of rubbish.[/B]

Ok more later, got a another funeral today, one of my lads mums feeling really terrible today and dont want to go, I just know Im going to come home upset.

Chin up everyone

Lynn

:lol: I shall remember that phrase... :lol:

As for the rest of your day..what can I say....I think I'll just send you a hug instead.. :daisy:

R

Richard Edwards

Another old chestnut is "Give me a low rate for this job, and I'll have more in the pipeline for you".....That "pipeline work" never materialises tho'!!

I'll not fall for that one - I might have done at one time. Now I would approach it from the other end and work towards them. This is what I have done to sort these wallys out. You give them a full top-end / proper commercially sound rate for the first one, and state if more work materialises then you work out a discount based on volume of turnover. That way, if they are true to their word, then both you and the client wins, if not, your covered.

H

hillhead

I'v seen this "what goes round comes round" so many times now,recently too i have to say.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lynn, there will come a day when thse scumbag clients of yours will be begging you for your services. You will then be calling the shots and they will have to bow to your terms and conditions. Not to mention the payment up front clause! Good luck. Sean P.S. Dealing with staff (in most cases) is worse than dealing with kids. It's a one man band for me.

P

Pebbs

Ohh I got a classic....

"At the end of the day its your decision...but dont be hasty... this could lead onto bigger things for you"

Ohh give me a break! I want to get hold on their fat sausage like fingers and twist and snap them, till their on their knees begging for mercy and then just boot them in their smug faces. I think I have anger issues sometimes. Whilst Im thinking this I have this glazed look (so im told), give them a smile and say I'll think about it..(NOT! NO WAY, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!)

Lynn

D

doug boardley

I hate people talking in cliche's, and also when they talk with that raised inflection at the end of a sentence, as though they're asking a question instead of stating something :mad2::incazzato:

U

user123

Ohh I got a classic....

"At the end of the day its your decision...but dont be hasty... this could lead onto bigger things for you"

Ohh give me a break! I want to get hold on their fat sausage like fingers and twist and snap them, till their on their knees begging for mercy and then just boot them in their smug faces. I think I have anger issues sometimes. Whilst Im thinking this I have this glazed look (so im told), give them a smile and say I'll think about it..(NOT! NO WAY, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!)

Lynn

Ehm, Lynn, dear, is there anything you would like to talk about? :lol:

D

doug boardley

when people start talking buzzwords and cliches, I slip into a broad westmorland dialect to answer them, that shuts 'em up. I'm sure if you googled "westmorland dialect" you'd struggle to come to grips with it :hurray:

U

user123

I hate people talking in cliche's, and also when they talk with that raised inflection at the end of a sentence, as though they're asking a question instead of stating something :mad2::incazzato:

Those are the people who watch Australian soaps apparently, as that is what the Australians do... :smilewinkgrin: and I can second that, listening to my son in Australia and his Australian fiancee talk...

S

SandyFloor

That actually has a name....australian question intonation or AQI

Reply to 'The bigger picture' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen