Search the forum,

Discuss Subfloor for underfloor heating in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello. We're going to be installing large limestone tiles with wet underfloor heating in our kitchen/living area of the house. At the moment it's gutted and we have the opportunity to start from scratch as we're back to the joists. I'm looking to tile on to either 18mm routed cement boards or 20mm routed cement coated xps board. What would you recommend for a subfloor? Would 22mm chipboard and 12mm ply be about right, or could we get away with less? Already aware we'll be building the floor up quite a bit, but there will only be one threshold with a step, so not so bad. Cheers in advance!

Reply to Subfloor for underfloor heating in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen