Discuss Strips Of Mosiac Boarders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Cockhill

Hi
I wonder if you have any tips on stop strips of mosiac tiles go in a wavy line. They are just stuck onto webbed matting and I often find that they sometimes go in a wavy line because there is nothing solid to push them back onto other than the adhesive which is obviously soft when the tiles go in.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Paul , can only give a DIY persons version, I had this issue on to rooms, one I used the sticky mosiac matting avalible from tile stores, cut some into strips . These worked well keeping them from moving around .On the other , I cut a strip of cement board for the back and packed out to the correct depth for mosiac and addy to be right, flush. These may be incorrect , worked for me, sure the pros will put you in the right direction.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
In the past I've used strips of Ditra mating or Durabase behind the mosaic. I've used the 'Beva' matting from Topps Tiles. I've even used thin mosaic tiles to get over differences in thickness between the field tile and the mosaic border.

However, if you mean a horizontal wavy line, then use the back of a grout float to press the mosaic into place.

I tell all my customers that want mosaic tiles this.........mosaic tiles are never uniform on the sheet. There will always be crooked tiles. I try and cherry pick the best sheets to use and nearly always have to cut out a few individual tiles and stick them back on straight.

S

SJPurdy

Use "dog tooth" method twice:
1st time to bring the substrate level out so that it is just the thickness of the mosaic and a thin adhesive bed lower than the already fixed surrounding tiles.
And when this has set.
2nd time to provide just the right thin bed of adhesive to bed the mosaic into. Press into place using rubber grout float 'bridging' the surrounding tiles, adding spacers as required.

Reply to Strips Of Mosiac Boarders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley