Search the forum,

Discuss Site work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Luxlux

How many of you out there do or have done site work? I've been working for a contractor for a few weeks and found it to be hard work for very little pay. Havent got enough domestic work yet to do this full time. Any views on site work?

E

elliesdad224

i do a lot of site work, i simply pick who is good and who is bad, dont lower your prices or you will always be up against it, if i travel to say liverpool my rate is £30 mtr plus travelling costs, the work is out there you just have to send your details to a lot of companies

L

Luxlux

Is that for ceramic? How many metres on average do you lay per day? That is a fantastic rate I must be living in the wrong area.

E

elliesdad224

if its a new build or refurb in a school etc,then the last one was around 60 mts in each room, after putting the tile trim on the bottom layer you should be able to get 15 to 20 mtrs on, usually there are no fixtures to tile around and the only things that slow you down are corner trims and silly site managers, get there early and dont stop till 5 pm

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

S

scottish tiler

i work on site and commercial stuff, the site work i do is brand new houses all nice flatesh walls, no dreaded kicthens to tile just bathrooms and ensuites and its very easy, i usualy just tile 5 houses a week and im usualy finishd around 1pm , theres 10m2 in a house and i get 120 per house after tax, altho sum sites are crap and sum sites are good its just your donald duck i think

R

rossy

i done a couple of days ,kitchens loads of sockets and switches 12 quid sq meter not for me no power either...

Reply to Site work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen