Search the forum,

Discuss Shocking Workmanship! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

KL Tiling

Morning All. Thought I'd post some pictures of a job some friends of mine asked me to look at. They had their bathroom refurb done in March this year at quite some expense. The grout in the floor was continually cracking and the company concerned sent a young guy round who basically regrouted the floor. The company no longer return calls! I wonder why?

IMG_0943.jpg

The vanity units were 'fixed' using no nails! This set the alarm bells ringing.

IMG_0941.jpg

The floor was dot/dabbed directly onto the chipboard floor and the adhesive was just crumbling away. I actually pulled most of the floor up with my hands!

IMG_0947.jpg

The boxing in around the pipework was crude to say the least. Timber frame very badly put together and stuck to everything with no nails. Even the tiles were stuck directly to the timber frame using no nails :mad2:

IMG_0949.jpg

When I took the boxing in apart, the wall tiles it was attached to fell off the wall! I wonder why :oops:

IMG_0950.jpg

I think this one might be my favourite. This tile was stuck (and I use the term stuck loosely!) using three small blobs of silicone :yikes:

IMG_0948.jpg

This one isn't too clear I'm afraid, but the edges are really rough. If you're not going to mitre conrners surely it would be better to use a nice tile trim?

I don't claim to be perfect or the best tiler around and I have made mistakes over the years but I do try to do everything by the book. If you do a good job to start with then its less likely things will go wrong. This however looks to be nothing short of the work of a complete cowboy! He charged thousands for this bathroom and now won't even answer his phone! People like this should be stopped.

Karl

B

Bubblecraft

I get furious when I see jobs like that. It annoys me that customers are paying good money & ending up with poor workmanship. That is absolutely shocking!

P

Perry

its hard when you are sitting at home doing nowt because these people are cheaper or talk a good job :ban:

S

Scottell17

It's kills me to see stuff like this how do some people sleep at night? The company should be named and shamed so no one has to suffer this ever again :-$

Reply to Shocking Workmanship! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen